Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know: for those of you who have installed a clear bra on your cars, have you ever tried to fix a suction cup to hold a Go Pro camera where the car is wrapped? Does it work? My fear is that the suction ability may potentially be affected by the clear bra (urethane/poly-urethane layer between the metallic part and the suction cup itself)...

·
Noob
843 Posts
I had the same concerns, so instead I chose to use the jaw clamp (without the neck) on the bar behind the seats. Seems to work well, gets a cockpit view.

Reactions: 293866

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same concerns, so instead I chose to use the jaw clamp (without the neck) on the bar behind the seats. Seems to work well, gets a cockpit view.
Yeah, that might be the safest option... Although I also like the view when the camera is mounted on the hood or on the roof... I will probably buy this jaw clamp in case I need it...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have use my Gopro numerous time on the front bumper of my Cayman with clear bra and never had any issue. It sticks with the suction just as well as it does on the paint. Just my experience>

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have use my Gopro numerous time on the front bumper of my Cayman with clear bra and never had any issue. It sticks with the suction just as well as it does on the paint. Just my experience>
Well, that's definitely great news. Thanks for sharing that with me!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
So this thread is not about breast feeding?

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
So this thread is not about breast feeding?
:hilarious: Now you know what happens when you retire.:dance:

:cheers: and welcome to another world.

Reactions: StanNH

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you use the suction cup on the outside, always use a backup teather and extra duct tape. It's no fun having a loose go pro on the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts