Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm just daft, but is there no longer any "go to last reply" icon associated with each discussion with the new software? Many of these threads are dozens of pages long and I could always hit a little icon near the thread title and be taken directly to the last post that I have viewed in that thread, but I'm not seeing that capability any longer?

·
Registered
122 Posts
It looks like if you click on "_ days ago" or "_ hours ago", you're taken to the last post, but I'm not positive, so you should try it out yourself.

jD

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like if you click on "_ days ago" or "_ hours ago", you're taken to the last post, but I'm not positive, so you should try it out yourself.

jD
Yes, that will always take you to the last post that was made in the thread, however this is of no use if you leave a popular thread for a couple days and then come back. There could be dozens of new, unread post made to the thread, however you now have to figure out where you left off by reading backward from the last new post.

The "go to last unread post" is an integral part of any basic forum software so hopefully this is something that will be coming soon as they are completing the migration to the new site

·
Administrator
2,512 Posts
Clicking the title should take you to the last thread.

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
I have a huge favor to ask of y'all.

Can we keep all questions and feedback regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread, please?

Let me explain why this is important. We will be seeing weekly updates to the site that are largely based on community feedback. Keeping all the information together within one threads helps us make sure that we don't miss anything.

You will be able to follow the weekly updates to the platform in our release notes.

- Cricket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts