Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As mentioned in a previous thread, I realized my pre-owned CGTS has a bra. Because it is pre-owned I do not have any record on the product used. While detailing my car I noticed most of the product is wrapped partially around the body part. In a few areas it is not fully wrapped. One small area around the bottom of the front fender around the area in front of the GTS decal, I have noticed it lifting maybe about a 1/16 inch. I do use caution when washing and waxing that area. Playing devils advocate, if I ever have to remove the film, is this a procedure I could do myself or need it done professionally? When removing it, is there any residue left behind that needs to be removed similar to the adhesive I had to remove when I peeled off the clear protective film Porsche used on the area in front of the rear tire of my 2013 911? I am going to research the product that was applied to my Cayman. I'm assuming a good place to start would be calling the dealership where the car was originally purchased. As usual, any input from fellow Planetters would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
123 Posts
Try to find out who installed the clear bra. Most films come with a good warranty. The installer might be able to fix your problem or reinstall a new piece of film for that area. Understand that a clear bra is typically around $1000 installed, so to simply peel it off is throwing some decent money away.

Back to to your question, I have experience with 3M and Epel films. Both of those can be easily removed by simply peeling off. No residue and no problems. If there is any residue left, use some adhesive remover, wash, and then apply fresh wax.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Question related to the title. I don't want a permanent bra of any kind on the car, but I'd like to be able to apply either a film or tape to the nose for long trips through more rural areas (or track days) and then remove it when I get home (I don't care what it looks like on the drive).

Does anybody know if more temporary solutions exist for this sort of application? Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Question related to the title. I don't want a permanent bra of any kind on the car, but I'd like to be able to apply either a film or tape to the nose for long trips through more rural areas (or track days) and then remove it when I get home (I don't care what it looks like on the drive).

Does anybody know if more temporary solutions exist for this sort of application? Thanks.
Trakk Tape

Home

Reactions: canux

·
Registered
583 Posts
Trakk Tape works and looks way better than painters tape. It is also easier to apply in larger sheets.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Thanks very much for the insight guys! Just what I was looking for!
Bras suck. just my personal opinion. Road rash is part of the experience of a sports car. Wrapping it in plastic.....I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Not an advocate of personal protection...hopefully you aren't a Sex-Ed teacher.
Wrapping it in plastic.....I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Not an advocate of personal protection...hopefully you aren't a Sex-Ed teacher.
What is this mysterious 'IT' you are referring to?:)
I am a scientist not a sex-Ed teacher, thank goodness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts