Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The big splurge on my build was the natural leather Garnet Red. I figured that the interior is where you spend the most time, so that should be spec'd with no compromise. Sure enough, the Garnet Red has turned out to be a wonderful driving environment. But what to do with the floor mats? The original mats are almost a case of too much red. Thus I wanted to get contrasting mats. After considering all the usual suspects, I decided on a set of Cocomats with a black and red pattern (Style #51). These turned out to be a knock-out addition to the interior, just the right balance of black with a stipple of red that echoes the interior color:

IMG_0471 (1024x768).jpg IMG_0479 (1024x768).jpg

The Cocomats fit perfectly, anchor to the stock carpet mat-locks, and are very heavy duty (the coco is bonded on top of a heavy rubber substratum). Just remember to pay extra for the anchor points for the passenger's mat (the driver's mat comes standard with anchor points).

Of course, I can't resist photographing the rest of that Garnet Red interior:

IMG_0477 (1024x768).jpg IMG_0473 (1024x768).jpg IMG_0478 (1024x768).jpg IMG_0475 (1024x768).jpg

Combined with the Rhodium Silver exterior, that makes for me the ultimate Cayman color combination.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Beautiful interior! I understand the natural leather is heavier or at least better quality than the standard "sanded" leather.
BTW...We saw the leather install at the factory. It takes one person one hour to apply the material to the dash and manually cut out all the holes for the vents, etc. No screw-ups allowed, or they start all over. They only do one per day and then go on to another job.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
203 Posts
DSC02706.JPG
I have the same interior and thought about replacing my floor mats with a black set with red piping. I like your option better! I didn't know that color scheme Cocomat was even available.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great choice - breaks things up nicely, I like the 'texture' as well - well done

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Of course I love the interior... but I'd go with black mats if I were you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a Rhodium silver BGTS with the red interior coming any day now. I ordered a grey set of WeatherTech Floor Liners. The Floor Liners are a light grey and I think it will match the red/grey interior pretty well. Black would also look good too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts