Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Cayman is gone, and felt like giving the top down life a try. We do get some nice days here in South Florida that are perfect for a convertible.

Anyways, it's a 2015 Boxster S with Carrera White Metallic w/ red top for the exterior and Natural Garnet Red Leather for the interior.

Just freshly lowered the car on H&R Sport Springs and installed a set of 20" Champion Motorsport RS97 Forged Wheels. The wheel centers are custom finished in the Factory Porsche Platinum Satin wheel color.
Also added the same Cayman R style stripe that i had on my old Cayman.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
It's beautiful!! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
We do get some nice days here in South Florida that are perfect for a convertible.

What do you think?
1. You get SOME nice days??? What the heck is your point of reference? :hilarious:
2. It's gorgeous.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. You get SOME nice days??? What the heck is your point of reference? :hilarious:
2. It's gorgeous.
1. LOL....you're right, we do get kind of spoiled down here. Summer months suck though. The rain can almost be timed with a watch each day.
2. Thank you.

Love the Blue / Red combo by the way :cheers:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Top down is the only way to drive. Love the stance, wheels are okay, prefer a more modern look.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Welcome to the dark side! - we have air!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dude - your car is gorgeous! Congrats.
I don't know which I am more jealous of... the car or the weather.

It's cold (38 degrees) and rainy here in DC. I wish I was in Miami.....

So the Cayman is gone, and felt like giving the top down life a try. We do get some nice days here in South Florida that are perfect for a convertible.

Anyways, it's a 2015 Boxster S with Carrera White Metallic w/ red top for the exterior and Natural Garnet Red Leather for the interior.

Just freshly lowered the car on H&R Sport Springs and installed a set of 20" Champion Motorsport RS97 Forged Wheels. The wheel centers are custom finished in the Factory Porsche Platinum Satin wheel color.
Also added the same Cayman R style stripe that i had on my old Cayman.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Again, good looking car, but, if you like the drop top for a change of pace, why isn't the top down right there? Me thinks you just can't truly join the dark side and your subconscious is fighting it. Either that, or you're concerned passers by will drop their trash in that BS (pun intended). LOL

I went to UM for my undergrad. I miss the weather. Go 'canes!!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Best color, gorgeous! I went the reverse route.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Love this car. I'll be sure to post up more pics in the near future.
I've been thinking about doing a GTS front end conversion, but i have to see how much that's gonna run me. I think it would really set the car off.

Again, good looking car, but, if you like the drop top for a change of pace, why isn't the top down right there? Me thinks you just can't truly join the dark side and your subconscious is fighting it. Either that, or you're concerned passers by will drop their trash in that BS (pun intended). LOL

I went to UM for my undergrad. I miss the weather. Go 'canes!!!
LOL....i originally had the top down when i first parked, but it got really windy and a bunch of dust and sand started blowing around. So i went back to the car and put the top back up.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Great looking combination. I will be interested in how much heat transfer (or how little) you get radiating down from a dark fabric top. I test drove a 981 Boxster before getting my 981 C and that is one of the things that I felt......it was not pronounced but I was aware of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great looking combination. I will be interested in how much heat transfer (or how little) you get radiating down from a dark fabric top. I test drove a 981 Boxster before getting my 981 C and that is one of the things that I felt......it was not pronounced but I was aware of it.
I was actually just noticing that the other day. It must be a little better than the black top. You can actually feel it with your hands too. The black top feels slightly warmer to the touch than the red top.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
LOL....i originally had the top down when i first parked, but it got really windy and a bunch of dust and sand started blowing around. So i went back to the car and put the top back up.
Looks great :)

Get the SmartTop installed, then you don't even have to walk back to put the top back up. Came in handy a few times for me (start to rain, wind etc).

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
What do I think about your new car? I think it's sweet! I love the color combination.

If the weather is warm I am on a motorcycle. I drive my Cayman in the winter. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great :)

Get the SmartTop installed, then you don't even have to walk back to put the top back up. Came in handy a few times for me (start to rain, wind etc).
I was actually thinking about that the other day. Might have to look into it for sure.

What do I think about your new car? I think it's sweet! I love the color combination.

If the weather is warm I am on a motorcycle. I drive my Cayman in the winter. :)
Thanks. I know what you mean about the motorcycle. I used to have one myself. Miss having it on nice days.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Love it! Best colors in the world :dance:.

I still ride, makes for tough choices when the weather is nice though :cool:.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!

Are you coming from another 981, or a previous generation Cayman? I am curious what sort of incite you have if you had switched from a 981 Cayman to 981 Boxster.

Car looks great, good luck with everything!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts