Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I think I might have found one that darn close to what I am looking for.

The dealer is asking $49,995 for it. I plan on looking at it tomorrow. It isn't a Porsche dealer, so no CPO. Any advice on extended warranty from 3rd party?

Thoughts? It will be my daily driver down here in Houston, so I am not looking for a lot of performance options.
Thank you all in advance and hoping to have my first PCAR very soon!:hilarious:

Prod Month:
03/2013
Miles: 6600

Price:
49,995 (MSRP 70K)
Exterior:
Aqua Blue Metallic
Interior:
Leather interior in Luxor Beige
Warranty Start:
January 31, 2014

[h=3]Additional Equipment[/h]
250​
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Steering wheel heating
19-inch Boxster S wheel
Seat ventilation
Bi-Xenon� headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (front and rear)

640​
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
D2
Aqua Blue Metallic
P06
Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P90
Infotainment Package
P94
Premium Package
UZ
Leather interior in Luxor Beige

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
That's a premium price, assuming it's a base model. I would offer them $45k since there is no CPO. There are a lot of base cars out there in the 44-45K range. If it's an S then it's a great deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry forgot, it is a base. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
734 Posts
MSRP is 70K? On paper that doesnt look bad, seeing as its a 28% depreciation hit from new. I say get a PPI done and if all is good, proceed(maybe negotiate to 47k?)

You will enjoy that Seat ventilation in the hot humid summer!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, seat vent was a must have down here. At the dealer couldn't wait till tomorrow's , thanks guys. Going to shoot for 45! Come on baby, I been waiting awhile!

Reactions: Spectre

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn't make it work, so the hunt continues, err

·
Registered
146 Posts
What happened? Depending on how long you intend to keep it, an extra few thou may not make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
A better car at the right price will surface. Try to buy a one owner car from that owner. Price is not the key, value is. Find the best privately owned or CPO car for the $ you have and you will be happy.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can do better. Too much for a Base. Next ime try what my father did more than once: Take a certified check made out to the dealer for the amount you want to pay total. Most car goobers cannot resist hard cash. Saw more than one pull their skirt up to keep that check from walking out the door! As for CPO you can't over-rev a PDK car. As long as it's straight bodywork and passes a pre-purchase Porsche inspection odds are you won't have have any major issues. Besides, the dealer either got that car at auction, in which case it could have issues, or in trade, or from another dealer who couldn't move it. Bet they have $33-37k in it tops; more and they overpaid; $40k was fair offer. Look for one owned by a female. They rarely abuse a vehicle. It took me a while to find the right CS. Patience will pay off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree with the other guys offer them 45 k but start the negotiations with 40k !! That what i would do good luck mate

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I walked on it. 48 was the lowest they were willing to go (for now). It wasn't a perfect match and at the end of the day if it was I would have paid what they were asking. Maybe they will get tired of looking at it in a couple of months if not oh well. Fall is right around the corner and inventories will start to increase on convertibles from what I have seen.

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
Thanks guys, I walked on it. 48 was the lowest they were willing to go (for now). It wasn't a perfect match and at the end of the day if it was I would have paid what they were asking. Maybe they will get tired of looking at it in a couple of months if not oh well. Fall is right around the corner and inventories will start to increase on convertibles from what I have seen.
Unless someone else is looking at the same car as you, I predict you will be getting a phone call within a couple of business days. If you consider the build month and the warranty start date, it looks like that car sat for a while when it was new, so you can bet that it sold initially for a steep discount off MSRP. IMO, $45k is a fair price for that car.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Get the local Porsche dealer to buy it from them wholesale, have them CPO the car and sell it to you for $50K... ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get the local Porsche dealer to buy it from them wholesale, have them CPO the car and sell it to you for $50K... ;)
Not a bad idea, will check with the local dealer, thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unless someone else is looking at the same car as you, I predict you will be getting a phone call within a couple of business days. If you consider the build month and the warranty start date, it looks like that car sat for a while when it was new, so you can bet that it sold initially for a steep discount off MSRP. IMO, $45k is a fair price for that car.
Lol, already got a call this AM, they came up 2k on my trade in, told them they are getting closer but still off. Go sharpen your pencil and when they are tired of sitting on it, let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It can be a waiting game. Agree with some of the others. I bought a 2013 base boxster earlier this summer. Nicely equipped, Premium, Infotainment w/ Bose, PDK, park assist, etc. paid just over $45 CPO. I'd think $45 would be my ceiling, all things considered.

TJ

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got them to come up 2k on trade in and 46 on the car. It's mine now! Woo hoo!

Reactions: swessels
1 - 20 of 23 Posts