Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good place to pick up a used or new inexpensive shifter knob in black for a Cayman S? I already have the boot - I just need a knob.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought a universal type Momo knob at a recent swap meet, new they are $90 or so. The only thing is that with a "universal type" as most of the aftermarket knobs are that are considered "cheap", you must grind the shifter arm down slightly so that the semi rectangular shifter arm will fit into the round universal hole. I spread a drop cloth all over the interior and used an angle grinder and it fits perfectly and I like the additional mass that the Momo provides. I believe there is a how to article on this on Rennlist.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies...wasn't looking for an aftermarket knob, but will consider. Inexpensive to me is 50-100 bucks. Ideally, I would like to pick up a standard black CS knob. I have a sand beige interior that I am changing my center rear console to black. Already have the console, shift boot, ebrake, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Curious...what are you using instead? .
I got this 996 carbon fiber knob from Suncoast. The silver metal didn’t match any of the the other metal finishes in the car so what’s another one matter. Since it was one of the hands-on elements of the interior, changing the feel of the original knob was more important as well as replacing the original steering wheel with a Techart.

The 996 boot came with it but of course it wouldn't fit the shifter surround trim. The Cayman's boot works and stays in place without the retaining ring and the knob locks on the shifter post with no extra effort required.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.