Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my winter wheels/tires over to the summers, I noticed a defect in one of the rear tires. There was a small tear or split about 1/2" long, not very deep, in the middle of the sidewall. No air leaking. These are 20" OEM tires on my 2015 GTS which probably only had 3000 miles on them as I only got the car in August last year and put on the winter set in October. The guy at the tire store I use locally said the tire needed to be replaced.

As I was far away from my dealer, I called Goodyear who authorized getting a new tire on their warranty. This was very hassle free and the Goodyear rep was very helpful. No Goodyear dealer anywhere remotely near me had or could get the tire, but Tire Rack did have it and sent it so I received it the next day.

Prior to mounting the summers, I was waxing the wheels while they were laying flat when I noticed the problem. Perhaps it wouldn't have been spotted once mounted when for instance I would have been washing the wheels with the car in the shade and suds all about.

Check them tires!

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Outer or inner sidewall? Thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was on the outside. Which you're right, of course; finding such a problem after a wheel is on the car would be problematic indeed. Perhaps one would only know when the problem finds you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts