Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

My original Eagle F1 tires are shot after 32K (mostly highway) miles on my 981s, and I need to get a new ones when car comes out of hibernation this spring. And spring is near. You can't tell by looking at temps outside, but I know its near, so...

Tirerack has 3 choices for 19s on 981s, all cost about the same :

1.Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
2.Michelin Pilot Super Sport
3.Pirelly P Zero

I really had no problems with my Eagle, but Michelin has better user ratings so I'm inclined to go with it. What is the consensus among Porsche owners? I'm not tracking the car. Just some spirited driving here and there. Longevity is equally important to grip to me.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
well first off - you got 32K in the Eagles!

high-five.

You won't get that on any Pirelli set.

The Michelin Pilot's are good from what I hear.

If i get anything close to 32K - i will prob go GY again...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Both front and rear are shot? I've driven one season (2014 CS) on Pirelli P-Zeros and loved them. I drive like you do, about 8,500 miles a year, and it looks like I'll get another couple of seasons out of these. I'm tempted to go the Pilot Sport's though next time I'm in the market. Put the P-Zeros have been great for me. Very sticky.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not attribute 32K to a brand. It's just that I drive a lot of straight highway miles, so tire doesn't get destroyed too quickly. I'd much prefer my daily commute be somewhere in the canyons, but I live in Michigan :(

well first off - you got 32K in the Eagles!

high-five.

You won't get that on any Pirelli set.

The Michelin Pilot's are good from what I hear.

If i get anything close to 32K - i will prob go GY again...

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both front and rear are shot? I've driven one season (2014 CS) on Pirelli P-Zeros and loved them. I drive like you do, about 8,500 miles a year, and it looks like I'll get another couple of seasons out of these. I'm tempted to go the Pilot Sport's though next time I'm in the market. Put the P-Zeros have been great for me. Very sticky.
Yep, both are shot about equally. I was barely able to escape from the dealership after pre-winter oil change :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I ordered a set of the Michelin super sports today for a set of 19" wheels for my '13 boxster. Granted, they are not "Porsche Approved" but I think Michelin makes the best tire on the market. The reviews of the Goodyears and Pirellis were not that good on tire rack .com.

I should have have them mounted, balanced and on the car in a week or so.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going with Michelin too!

I ordered a set of the Michelin super sports today for a set of 19" wheels for my '13 boxster. Granted, they are not "Porsche Approved" but I think Michelin makes the best tire on the market. The reviews of the Goodyears and Pirellis were not that good on tire rack .com.

I should have have them mounted, balanced and on the car in a week or so.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You can't go wrong with Michelins. Both the PS2 and PSS are superb tires.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have P Zeros on mine. I am getting PSS in a few weeks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Installed the turbo wheels and the PSS tires today. Quick cell phone shot before the sunset. oh, and good news, the TPMS sets itself. i got in the car and drove a bit and the dash asked me if had done a Tire swap? went to settings and told it had "Summer 19's" and it set itself to the new TPMS sensors. Sweet!!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I think you're going to like them. Once you get a little heat in them, they really come in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts