Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They said that my 2006 Cayman S had a very clean bill of health and everything looked perfect! This is their synopsis...

You weren't sure of the miles on this oil, but if it was anywhere near your estimate of 5,000 miles, then this engine is in great shape. Even for a shorter interval though, nothing in these results would be troubling in the slightest. Your wear metals (aluminum through tin, mostly) match up really well with the universal averages for a 3.4L Porsche engine, and those are based on closer to 3,700 miles oil use. We'll learn more as trends build on known intervals, but it's so far, so good for wearing parts. The slightly thin viscosity isn't concerning since it wasn't due to fuel.

Pretty cool stuff and great piece of mind. Here is the full report.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I too sent in for a Blackstone report on my recently acquired Boxster because I didn't have all the history, nor did I even know how long the oil had been in it.

My response was very similar, but different enough to know it isn't a form letter. Lol

And it IS a relief to hear someone tell you that there's nothing alarming in the bloodwork. :)

"BRUCE: Thanks for the notes. This does appear to be 0W/40--or at least the viscosity tested in that range.
This is an excellent first report for the Boxster. Wear metals (aluminum through tin) compare very well with
universal averages, which show typical wear in Porsche 2.7L engines after ~4,500 miles of oil use. We don't
know how long this oil was in place, but we would guess something close to averages based on this data.
The oil itself tested well too -- no contamination was found and the TBN of 5.9 shows plenty of active
additive left. Nice Porsche."

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts