Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my car at the Indy 500....

This is a pre-post just because I can't stand it any longer and have to say something. I know pictures are required and will get a proper post together tonight.
Drove my new '07 2.7 860 miles from Indianapolis to home in northern NY yesterday. Nice finish in torrential rain and lightning. Banged a left in Rome and hit the woods and southern Adirondacks to drive out of the storm. Wow! What a car! Now I know what you all are talking about :) Thanks for all the help, C.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Congrats! What color? I got my '07 2.7 a little over a month ago. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Hell, it puts a smile on my face every time I go in the garage and see it there. :)

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Welcome to the swamp!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Congratulations, a trip like tells you right away how great the Cayman is! Have fun with your new toy.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Congrats and great to see another 2.7 :cheers:
:picsplz:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my car at the Indy 500....

I had plane tickets for me and our girls (14 and 18) months ago. Found a great '07 2.7 in Chicago on cars.com. Arctic/black, 18's, zenons, convienience, advertised in perfect condition with a fair price. When I said I was going to the 500, he was too. Had a ppi done in Chicago. Worked with his bank to arrange payment and title swap. Arranged to meet in a Target parking lot not far from the Speedway. Had my plates and a parking pass in a yard 2 blocks from Turn 1. Met our friends, scalped a few more tickets, drank beer. Saw a great race and had a cookout at the friends house. Got up at 5:30 and drove 860 miles back to New York. Even fit in a coffee stop in my hometown of Piqua, Ohio. The girls beat me by 1 hour...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Re: Got my car at the Indy 500....

Congrats and my condolences on getting the ugly retro NY plate. I'll be paying to keep my blue and white one.

Where in NY are you located?

EDIT: Threads merged.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Old plates

I'm keeping my Saab on the road for the summer. Maybe I could do the swap then... They're kind of beat up, can you get new ones? C.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Re: Old plates

That's a pretty cool story!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome. Tell is about the color and features and such as well as some pictures. May I suggest you really study the owner's manual. Lots of features in your new ride. And you are in a good place to drive it. It just loves twisty roads. Drive safe. Ed

·
Registered
337 Posts
congrats and nice find!
I use to live close enough to the speedway to hear the race from my apartment (and I lived by downtown!)--very cool event!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am so happy with my 2.7. I did not need more speed or bigger brakes. I didn't even want another gear to row. I have a glorious commute loaded with hills and curves and this car is perfect for me and has exceeded my expectations. C.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new car.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I am so happy with my 2.7. I did not need more speed or bigger brakes. I didn't even want another gear to row. I have a glorious commute loaded with hills and curves and this car is perfect for me and has exceeded my expectations. C.
Lovely Cayman so take good care. BTW, although we know the 2.7 is a lovely setup and we are very happy for you, those of us stuck with new DFI 3.4s aren't suffering thru the hills and curves.;):)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts