Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of looking and going back and forth I got a 2006 Cayman S yesterday with 26000 miles. I didn't do a pre-delivery inspection as the car is still in warranty for a few months and had a inspection by the Jaguar dealership. I plan to get the inspection done this week and have anything covered by warranty fixed. I think I got a great deal at $29900 with Tiptronic, Bose, Bi-Xenon, and Sport Chron. The only issue I have is the Chron switch does not light up nor does "Sport" appear on the instrument panel, but from what I can tell it is working. The car is GT silver with Black leather. Any words of wisdom are welcomed.:)

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Enjoy it! Expect to have a few nickle and dime issues,If you do not its all the better.Good price.(imo).OOPS in reading your post again it already has a couple.No biggy as you have already enlightened too.Good for you.Again just have fun with it.The Cayman is a joy overall with the positives far outweighing the cons.Goodluck and congrats......

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Sounds like you got a very good deal.

·
Registered
882 Posts
just got my cayman on friday too! congrats man, have fun and enjoy it like i have!
For both of you. congratulations!!. First, may I suggest you really study the owner's manual. Lots of nifty features inside. THere is also an article on this site about the quirks of Porsches, why the key is on the left side and such.

Second, when Spring comes, may I suggest a mini-vacation. A long drive away from congestion, especially with twisty roads. You will come back a rabid beleiver like most of us here.

I did both and now two years and 25 K miles later, still smitten. Come on Spring. Drive safely. Ed

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Congrats on the new car, Great colors!

Two things I would recommend as "essentials":

a) Winter floor mats for any rainy seasons- Heavy-Duty Rubber Floor Mat - Cayman:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW
b) Das Schild- Das Schild Hood Protector - Starting at $199:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW

And no, I don't work for Suncoast; I got my floor mats locally & I got a great deal on Das Schild via a group buy through Planet-9 and the manufacturer.

When I see all the crud that gathers on my pretty silver-grey mats when it's rainy, I'm really glad I'm not doing that to my original mats.

PS- I also bought a backup set of OEM mats; either for when I sell the car, or just to replace the worn-through heel-mark when it happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts