Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much delema of 19" sport design vs. Forgestar, I finally decided on sport designs. Came across a set on e-bay that came with pretty decent tires as well. Ordered Maxspeed motorsports 7mm spacers up front and 14mm in back to make the sport design wheels more flush with the fenders which came with RAD bolts. Overall I am very happy with the final result. the sport design wheels have a lot more "charactor" and "depth" than I origionally thought they did as I have never really looked at them up close. Also, there is a slight concavaty to them.

Thanks everyone for your help :thanks: I will take better pics (outside) when I get a chance.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Those look really good on your car. I look forward to the outside pictures.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
I like the Sport Designs on my Boxster, just be warned, they are a PIA to clean but worth the trouble.

Congrats! :banana:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I learned last weekend how long they take to clean, but well worth the effort. They look fantastic when clean.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I learned last weekend how long they take to clean, but well worth the effort. They look fantastic when clean.
I was about to mention how clean those wheels looked. Nicely done.

You can make a wheel easier to clean by applying something like Wheel Wax after washing it. It helps repel brake dust and most particulate matter can just be rinsed off the wheel with water. For best results, you should take the wheels off the car and clean them thoroughly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recently bought a set of Sport Design from Ebay too. Mine got some nasty black stuff at the back of the wheels that need to be cleaned before I put on my Cayman.

IMO, the Sport Design Wheels are the best looking wheels on the Cayman.:dance:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I recently bought a set of Sport Design from Ebay too. Mine got some nasty black stuff at the back of the wheels that need to be cleaned before I put on my Cayman.

IMO, the Sport Design Wheels are the best looking wheels on the Cayman.:dance:
I agree, they look great. Although I think the Carrera S II wheels look good as well especially painted black.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perfect (IMHO)
I think so too. I know this is probably a little early to make this call, but I think I am finally happy with my car the way it is and may be done with my mods....

Got the car last June as a CPO, had some paint work done to repair chips in the front bumper (removed license plate also) and the rear bumperettes, put on clear side indicators, removed the airbag stickers from both sides of the visors and now new wheels and spacers...

I think I may actually be done! We will see how long that lasts :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I like the Sport Designs on my Boxster, just be warned, they are a PIA to clean but worth the trouble.
Congrats! :banana:
I second the part about cleaning; I spend about 20-30min twice a week keeping these wheels clean. Get those skinny foam wheel cleaning brushes to clean the inside of the wheels (behind the spokes) ..

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I was about to mention how clean those wheels looked. Nicely done.

You can make a wheel easier to clean by applying something like Wheel Wax after washing it. It helps repel brake dust and most particulate matter can just be rinsed off the wheel with water. For best results, you should take the wheels off the car and clean them thoroughly.
I also applied wheel wax with wheels off the car. Took most of a morning but I'm a Cayman Sicko-I enjoyed it!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I agree, they look great. Although I think the Carrera S II wheels look good as well especially painted black.
Definitely a lot of great choices-19" OEM wheels. I found this one of my more difficult decisions. I went Carrera S II, Carrera Classic and finally Sport Design before my order was locked.:crazy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts