Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the Wolfgang twins last week, then finished it up with the wolfgang sealer, and accidentally splattered some wax on the convertible top. (It was my first time using a DA buffer). I'm afraid to use a cleaner on the top, as I don't want to damage it, or remove the water-proofing on it, but need to get it off ASAP. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I'd try 303 Convertible cleaner. Their cleaner and protectant are some of the best for convertible tops.
I used the Wolfgang twins last week, then finished it up with the wolfgang sealer, and accidentally splattered some wax on the convertible top. (It was my first time using a DA buffer). I'm afraid to use a cleaner on the top, as I don't want to damage it, or remove the water-proofing on it, but need to get it off ASAP. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Get the 303 or raggtopp kit that includes both the cleaner and the protectant. The protectant will restore the water beading finish on the top. Personally I have used raggtopp, but also hear good things about 303 from this forum.

Reactions: bbqhog

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I don't have a Boxster now but when I did I used Citra Solv and a toothbrush to remove wax. I still use that combo when I get wax on black trim. As with any solvent, use caution.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I would post an update:

Simple Green, Roll Off and 303 did not work. I talked to Autogeek, and also Wolfgang, and they both think it is there until it wears off. I'm not very happy with myself, and will cover the top next time I wax the car.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
comment deleted

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
Thought I would post an update:

Simple Green, Roll Off and 303 did not work. I talked to Autogeek, and also Wolfgang, and they both think it is there until it wears off. I'm not very happy with myself, and will cover the top next time I wax the car.
I always put the top down and cover it with drying towels before I polish and wax the car. I'm surprised Simple Green didn't clean it off, I use IPA 20% and water to prep the car for polish, washing windows and have removed polish from the top.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Rubbing alcohol is used to remove wax when touching up the paint. Try it on an inconspicuous place with a toothbrush.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts