Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new here. I have a question about GPS antennas. For use with the OEM PCM2 unit, is the only GPS antenna that would work (and can be installed in the OEM location) the OEM Porsche GPS antenna? Can an aftermarket antenna work just as well and, if so, can they be installed the same place OEM antennas are installed? If aftermarket (cheaper) antennas work OK, are there any recommendations as to which one is best? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Hi. I'm new here. I have a question about GPS antennas. For use with the OEM PCM2 unit, is the only GPS antenna that would work (and can be installed in the OEM location) the OEM Porsche GPS antenna? Can an aftermarket antenna work just as well and, if so, can they be installed the same place OEM antennas are installed? If aftermarket (cheaper) antennas work OK, are there any recommendations as to which one is best? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I have known others who have tried to fit a non-Porsche GPS antenna but the issue is the connector at the back of the PCM.

The Porsche parts you require are:

PCM Connecting lead (the anntena extension cable) - 996 612 009 00 - $29
GPS Antenna - 996 642 206 00 - $104

The GPS antenna cable is quite short, hence the need for the extension cable.

The antenna itself mounts under the plastic housing that surrounds the 'flashing' alarm armed indicator that sits in the middle of the car just behind the front windscreen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts