Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched series 2 episode 1 yesterday. I’ll give it 9 out of 10, compared with series 1, gave that a 6.

Got rid of the fat American, and death of a star. Replaced with 2 stars, Hasselhoff and a Brit I’ve never heard of (and I’m a Brit), on a new half gravel half paved track in a new Jag. 3 super cars roaring around Switzerland and the famous Richard Hammond crash. Almost back to the original Top Gear format and much funnier than series 1 IMHO.

Machog

·
Registered
297 Posts
I love watching this show. I think they are very creative in the places they go and the things they do. I am still finishing up Season 1 episodes but especially liked the show where they harnessed the energy of people working out in the gym to power an electric car (got 21 miles) - I always wondered about that potential. Sadly, the Cayman sits high and dry in the garage while it snows.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Hamster's crash in the Rimac was horrifically scary.

720 Posts
Hamster's crash in the Rimac was horrifically scary.
That was my thought as well when I saw it. I also couldn't help but laugh out loud as they were introducing that episode when Hammond says "and I drive the future, an all electric supercar" and Jeremy just mutters "and we all know how that ended" hahah!! It really seemed to me like they got their flow back this season whereas last season seemed a bit rocky IMO.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Hmm... After so many years, I think I'm getting tired of them. You can only do "I-ll drive this supercar, and you will drive that supercar through european alps" so many times. And they did it 30 times now I think. The Rimac crash spiced it up a bit, but still. And that part of the show where they sit and talk for 20 minutes - they don't even try to disguese that they are killing time because they don't have enough footage. Two episodes of dune buggies in the end of last season was also extremely boring.

Reactions: RidgeRacer

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Even though Clarkson has been banned from my TV for the past few years, I decided to give the new season a go. I lasted about 20 minutes before the inane banter snapped me to my senses. "Thank you," my wife said as I switched to something, anything, other than those clowns.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
What I miss most from Top Gear, was when they would buy 3 old Porsches for under $2,000 and do a road trip, or three old Italian super cars.

I'd love to see the sports cars of the 1970's and 1980's back on the road. It was so much fun to watch a Lotus Esprit, Ferrari Dino, or an older 911 be thrashed around and how the dream cars of yesteryear compare to today.

I have grown bored with Ferrari's newest super cars... or any $1 million dollar new Hyper Car. I'd much rather see a 1985 Ferrari 308 race a 911 of the same period in a recreation of the race in the movie "Against All Odds".

·
Registered
200 Posts
I watched it and it felt dated and played out.

There is so much amazing video content on cars right now. Doug Demuro is amazing. Drive is with a former Top Gear alum, and it’s amazing.

Maybe it’s because I’m in engineering, but I love learning about the technology and thought process in car design. Watching two guys grouchy about eating kale is just silly.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Sadly, I found episode 3 to be horrid, they may have jumped the shark with GT. The only interesting bit was the Chiron...the rest, dreck.
Yep...shark jumped. With a dreck/moderately interesting ratio of 20:1, the show is doomed.

Reactions: Al K
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.