Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Maxspeed version 2 back-up camera, installed and everything worked as stated. For 299.00 you get the kit and for 65 dollars more plus a 150.00 deposit they send you a flash programer that updates your PCM. (NO GOING TO THE PORSCHE DEALERSHIP). Worked like a champ, plugged it in the OBD II port and pushed the red button and in less than ten minutes the software update was done. Sent it back in the prepaid envelope and got my 150.00 deposit back. The rest of the installation was as expected, running wires from front to back was not difficult at all. the only thing that was frustrating was getting the PCM back in with the new wiring harness. After multiple times of readjusting the harness behind the PCM it finally had enough clearance to go back in. Fired up the car and everything works as advertised! Nothing but praise for the Maxspeed system. For 374.89 total cost you can't beat it. I've installed two kits in BMW's and they were way more expensive and difficult. You just need to be patient and precise during installation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Same here but I had the dealer enable the camera before I bought it (bought my CPO 2015 last month). That is a tight fit behind the PCM and as I said in another thread you have to be careful about not breaking trim panel tabs (fuse box and center console trim in my case).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree, I broke a couple off myself. No matter how careful you are sometimes you snap those suckers off. All the panels and trim are still holding tight.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
grboggs I had exactly the same experience, finding space to cram the extra quadlock block was the hardest part. Maxspeed was great, answered a couple of my questions quickly, in fact after I'd emailed them they jyst called me to discuss and make sure i6ubderstood the details. Mine works great, plus when I stop and shift into first it comes on so I can see cars sneaking up behind me.

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
54 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I am considering this solution, however I have a '13 PCM 3.1. I am looking to update from version 3.43, though I am getting conflicting results as to whether this is possible. Did any of you install this on a MY13 car, updated to the current 2018 version?

thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I am considering this solution, however I have a '13 PCM 3.1. I am looking to update from version 3.43, though I am getting conflicting results as to whether this is possible. Did any of you install this on a MY13 car, updated to the current 2018 version?

thanks
yes you should be able to update your PCM software

looks like that may not be the case oddly.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Some of the PCM 3.1 units are limited to 3.4.3 and cannot be updated beyond that. Ours was one of them which is why we were not able to use any solutions that required version 4 or higher.

Did any of you install this on a MY13 car, updated to the current 2018 version?
I don't think anyone has done this because of the cost but my understanding is that you'd have to get a newer PCM unit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Some of the PCM 3.1 units are limited to 3.4.3 and cannot be updated beyond that. Ours was one of them which is why we were not able to use any solutions that required version 4 or higher.

I don't think anyone has done this because of the cost but my understanding is that you'd have to get a newer PCM unit.
never knew this. good to know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts