Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was inspired by the "Why not drive your Cayman" thread to take a nice long drive today and enjoy the car. Not that I need much encouragement to ever take a drive anywhere though ;)

Anyway, I have been playing around with an iPhone app called Anytrail. It allows you to save a GPS based map of your hike as well as insert pictures tagged to specific locations along the way. I have no affiliation with the software maker or the site they use to share maps. I am just extremely excited by it and it's free (at the moment). After I used it the first time, I thought "man, this would be great for recommended drives too!" Here's the trip I did today:

Highway 118 / 23 / 150 / 33 / 5 loop - Driving - Everytrail

There's trip notes, GPS data and pictures. I can't stress enough how great a drive this was. It would also be a great group drive for a bunch of Cayman folk

Thanks and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I was inspired by the "Why not drive your Cayman" thread to take a nice long drive today and enjoy the car. Not that I need much encouragement to ever take a drive anywhere though ;)

Anyway, I have been playing around with an iPhone app called Anytrail. It allows you to save a GPS based map of your hike as well as insert pictures tagged to specific locations along the way. I have no affiliation with the software maker or the site they use to share maps. I am just extremely excited by it and it's free (at the moment). After I used it the first time, I thought "man, this would be great for recommended drives too!" Here's the trip I did today:

Highway 118 / 23 / 150 / 33 / 5 loop - Driving - Everytrail

There's trip notes, GPS data and pictures. I can't stress enough how great a drive this was. It would also be a great group drive for a bunch of Cayman folk

Thanks and enjoy.
Chris, nice work we are going to have to get you an on board camera with about 6 hours of recording time.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's one of my favorite drives! When I was a Miata owner, we drove it many times. When I graduated to Lotus, the Lotus people drove it too.:banana:

I'd love to do it in my Cayman S!! A group drive would be even BETTER!!!:)
Just pick a weekend and please let me know!

--Hal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts