Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Just installed a new Agency Power exhaust in my 2007 Cayman 2.7. I did the installation with my son. It took me couple hours but it was not that hard. I have to say it is not that loud, I think it is even more civilized that the stock exhaust. The sound is sportier and deeper. Great sound! The more I drive the car the better the sound. Then it gets loud after 3,000 RPM. But the biggest advantage is in power. The power boost is noticeable! The car accelerates faster and smoother; the back pressure is completely gone! Wow. This is great power and sound for a fraction of the other exhaust out in the market. The pipe tail and chrome exhaust can be seen from the back and it really gives the car an aggressive look! Next, the K&N filter. I will post pictures soon. See ya'll.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good experience. Any drone? And yes, I too love the look from the rear to see the stainless mufflers through the rear diffusers. Quieter? Really?

Enjoy in good health :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Just installed a new Agency Power exhaust in my 2007 Cayman 2.7. I did the installation with my son. It took me couple hours but it was not that hard. I have to say it is not that loud, I think it is even more civilized that the stock exhaust. The sound is sportier and deeper. Great sound! The more I drive the car the better the sound. Then it gets loud after 3,000 RPM. But the biggest advantage is in power. The power boost is noticeable! The car accelerates faster and smoother; the back pressure is completely gone! Wow. This is great power and sound for a fraction of the other exhaust out in the market. The pipe tail and chrome exhaust can be seen from the back and it really gives the car an aggressive look! Next, the K&N filter. I will post pictures soon. See ya'll.
Interesting?

I put an Agency Power on my Carrera S 997 (pro install) on my 997 and I am getting heavy droning between 2000 to 3000 RMP. Just where they say it's not supposed to be. Furthermore the fitment was not impressive. I had to shim several of the connections as there was a lot of slop/wiggle room. The supplied connection crimps were not the correct size.

Considering the fitment I hope the internals are up to spec and do not damage anything?

I believe that vivid racing is sourcing all of the exhausts from China. So question is what manufacurer did they replicate/copy? I wonder if a borla or fabspeed would have been a better choice.

Will say that the welds are nice.

Any thoughts?

HT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No drone at all. I was looking at Borla but you can hear the drone in every single video posted in the Internet. I have heard about problems installing this exhaust but this install was simple. Perhaps I purchased a new model. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was using Fabspeed in my 86 911 and it was way loud but no drone. But the exhaust caused vibration in the car.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Best to remember what one person hears as drone someone else may not. It is best to hear an exhaust for yourself in person before buying. Personally, I haven't found any static exhaust systems for the Cayman that don't have at least some amount of drone to them, even the factory exhaust does if you know where to listen for it (it is well masked on the stock system). Hence my suggestion to check something out in person before purchasing.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You really should not compare Cayman to 997 to 996 exhausts. They will all sound different even if from the same brand. For example FabSpeed on a 996 C4S is VERY civilized and no drone. Not so on a Cayman...

·
Registered
169 Posts
The pipe tail and chrome exhaust can be seen from the back and it really gives the car an aggressive look!
Did you get the Agency Power dual tips too? Congrats on the exhaust, I love mine too. Power, looks and sound! I agree it can sound mild if you want it to and when you floor it, man it screams!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Law, yes, I bought the dual pipe tail. I love them. It looks really nice. I have a question for you. How does the Dream1system works with the exhaust? Does it helps the sound? Just curious about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Law, yes, I bought the dual pipe tail. I love them. It looks really nice. I have a question for you. How does the Dream1system works with the exhaust? Does it helps the sound? Just curious about it. Thanks.
It worked out perfectly purchasing and installing the DREAM1 at the same time with the Agency Power exhaust and AP dual tips. Made it easy, out with the stock unit, in with the complete new one. Can't really comment on a sound change from it because I installed it with the other parts at the same time. But the design advantage makes complete sense to me, the T-pipe vs the DREAM1's V-pipe. Had to install it and just let it do it's job complementing the improved flowing exhaust system. Great products especially working in conjunction!

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-modifications/40324-loving-my-agency-power-exhaust-review-2.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts