Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a gas station in the West part of Denver that sells fuel without Ethanol (except Nov-Feb when it is mandated by law for street use). They have 85, 87, and 91 octane grades and they are all Ethanol-free which means more power, better mpg, and better for your car's fuel system. Cost is about 10-15 cents more than other stations (that all use 10% Ethanol year-round in Denver as far as I can tell). They truck the fuel in from Trinidad, CO.

There are some stations in town that sell Ethanol-free race fuel, but that is 2.5 times as expensive (around $8/gallon for 110 Leaded or 100 Unleaded). If you don't need more than 91 octane (and most Porsches do not in the thin air of Denver), this is the stuff to get.

Brad's Conoco
1075 S. Union Blvd.
Lakewood, CO 80228
303-988-303

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found a gas station in the West part of Denver that sells fuel without Ethanol
My wife works at the Federal Center near there, so I'll stop at the Conoco station next time I'm in the area. Thanks.

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a simple question. Can you explain to me thin air of Denver and the Octane thoughts? I was told I don't need premium but I'd like to learn more if possible.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thin air = less pressure = less risk of detonation = less octane rating requirement

it's a little more involved than that, with keeping the oxygen:fuel mix optimal you add less fuel as well, thus even further reducing pressure, and even further reducing risk of knocking.

But I call BS on selling 91 octane in Las Vegas in the summer. Highly prone to knocking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts