Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently purchased my first Porsche and am excited to finally join the ownership ranks—and to potentially do more than lurk here on Planet-9.

It took me quite a long time to find a 987.2 with the features I wanted, but it was worth the wait. Without further ado, here a a couple of pics of my Meteor Gray 2011 Cayman Base with PDK, Sport Chrono, H&R lowering springs, Cantrell Carnewal exhaust and Fabspeed dual tips.

Hopefully I'm inserting the images correctly. If not, please let me know and I'll try to adjust my post.

George_L

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
hey there George! Nice car....love the colour...but maybe I'm baised ;)

any plans for the car? seems like its got a few choice upgrades already...
enjoy in good health!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and likes. The car was set up quite nicely by the previous owner. So far I've just given it a good cleaning inside and out, upgraded the stereo speakers, and put in a reverse camera. The brake calipers are rather drab looking to my eye, so I will soon be giving those a visual refresh. My main plan is to drive the tires off of it!

Best,
George_L

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Great choice. That exactly what I did with my car, drive the tires off of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations and welcome from VA. Where are you located?
Thanks! I'm in Seattle. Lots of traffic to battle close-in, but outside the metro area the diverse terrain makes for some nice drives. So far I've been averaging >1000 miles a month. That will likely taper off in October, as the dark, rainy season rolls in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks! I'm in Seattle. Lots of traffic to battle close-in, but outside the metro area the diverse terrain makes for some nice drives. So far I've been averaging >1000 miles a month. That will likely taper off in October, as the dark, rainy season rolls in.
Gotcha. I’m just south of the DC beltway so completely understand traffic… it gets “country” quickly around here though!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
George L- If you get a urge to kick it up a little, come and join the Porsche Autocross group. PNWR is the northwest Porsche organization you can join. Once done, then you can sign up for one of the events coming up. Packwood in a couple of weeks (2 days of racing though all the motels are sold out), then the normal schedule.

Reactions: George_L

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
252 Posts
Stunning, and looks mean!!

Hello everyone. I recently purchased my first Porsche and am excited to finally join the ownership ranks—and to potentially do more than lurk here on Planet-9.

It took me quite a long time to find a 987.2 with the features I wanted, but it was worth the wait. Without further ado, here a a couple of pics of my Meteor Gray 2011 Cayman Base with PDK, Sport Chrono, H&R lowering springs, Cantrell Carnewal exhaust and Fabspeed dual tips.

Hopefully I'm inserting the images correctly. If not, please let me know and I'll try to adjust my post.

George_L

View attachment 274945

View attachment 274946

1 - 17 of 17 Posts