Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Porsche drivers/fans!

Maybe I didn't look hard enough but, I couldn't find anywhere specific to say HELLO and introduce myself.. so I'll do it here.

I've recently purchased (after many years of lusting) a 2014 Cayman (base) and am living in Torino, Italy.

Those of you that have been to Italy before are aware of the dangers of driving and parking in Italy but .. rest assured, my baby is safe and sound :)

If anybody else here is from the North of Italy or just wants to say HeLLo .. it would be nice to hear from you.

Regards,
Mark

·
Registered
607 Posts
Greetings from a new 2014 Base owner in the US! We visited Italy in 2014, spent some time in the south and north. My brother-in-law did most of the driving, so more danger there than from your countrymen. :) Loved our time there, I want to go back now that I'm retired and can relax properly.

There is a 981 specific forum group here if you haven't discovered it yet:

http://www.planet-9.com/981-discussion-group-cayman-and-boxster/

Congrats on your new baby, let us hear all about it!

- Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Greetings from Canada. I visited your beautiful country in 2008. Rented a car and drove all around Tuscany. I think it would be a wonderful place to own a Cayman!

Mind you I kept getting fines in the mail for months afterwards. I couldn't tell what they were for, but I paid them all. I was either speeding or driving in the wrong place without a permit or both...

Enjoy your Cayman and welcome to the forums!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Richard,
thanks for pointing out that location, I'll wonder over and check it out :)

Nice pic, looks like Lake Garda? It's a wonderful little drive but too chaotic this time of year, maybe I'll take a drive off-season when it's a bit less crowded!

Greetings from Torino,
Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings from Canada. I visited your beautiful country in 2008. Rented a car and drove all around Tuscany. I think it would be a wonderful place to own a Cayman!

Mind you I kept getting fines in the mail for months afterwards. I couldn't tell what they were for, but I paid them all. I was either speeding or driving in the wrong place without a permit or both...
Hey!
Yeah there are some great roads / locations here but sadly, not all roads are well kept, so I spend a lot of times trying to avoid potholes :)

Maybe those fines you got were from driving into ZTL zones which are zones inside most city centres to reduce emissions/amount of traffic. Don't worry, I've been caught off guard 2 last year for the same reason.. oh and speeding too haha!

Greetings from Torino,
Mark

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hi Richard,
thanks for pointing out that location, I'll wonder over and check it out :)

Nice pic, looks like Lake Garda? It's a wonderful little drive but too chaotic this time of year, maybe I'll take a drive off-season when it's a bit less crowded!

Greetings from Torino,
Mark
Good eye, that is Malcesine at Lake Garda. We loved it there. Could only be improved with a ride in a Cayman...maybe post some pics of your drive if you go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts