Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Grinning from ear to ear!!

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  astran 
#1 ·
After weeks of anticipation I finally picked up my Cayman S! This is my first Porsche and they seem to hold their value pretty well here (Germany). Its one of the earliest having been first registered here in Germany in July 2005 and was used as a demonstration vehicle by Porsche. As you can imagine its pretty well kitted out:

Speed Yellow (sorry - but it is the best colour!)
6 speed manual
Adaptive Sport Seats
PCCB (those yellow calipers do look good!)
PASM
Bi Xenon
19" Black Carrera S Rims
18" Silver Cayman Winter Tyres
PCM with Telephone & Navigation
Sport Chrono
Bose Sound System
Auto Climate
Cruise Control

Originally it had the Cayman S side stripes in black - but the dealer had removed it as it had started to peel slightly - they're already on order as I think it accentuates the vehicle!! (also it has never had a rear badge)
Only 56k km on the clock - not bad for the age and in really good nick - managed to get the dealer to replace the brake pads and do a full service at the local Porsche dealer before handover!

Now I smile when driving to work and enjoy the sound without the radio.

Its probably all "old hat" to most of you, as I am sure you've heard this all before - but the exhilaration - fantastic!! :banana:

Will use it as a daily drive - Now waiting for the weather to improve........

Any advice on where to find a full clear bra here in Germany (and a professional to fit it?) and which brand would you advise?

See less See more
#22 ·
Congrats! I'll be on the lookout for you on the autobahns. The yellow won't be hard to spot!!! If you're going to any Porsche driving schools, I may see you there too! Enjoy!
I see from other posts that you are in Kaiserslautern - I'm in Speyer, not that far away - so the chances are that we will see each other! Regarding the driving schools - give me a shout if you have anything planned.

#7 ·
I'm enjoying yellow too! I also think its the best color out there. Here in the USA the official Porsche color name "speed yellow," but I've managed to steer clear of any law enforcement.

How did they fit those 18-inch winter tires on the 19-inch rims? :)
Did the car come with two sets of wheels?

#10 ·
To clarify about the wheels - yes I have 2 sets - for Summer - Black 19" Carrera S rims, and for Winter - Silver 18" Cayman rims.
Speed yellow is not a problem on the Autobahns!!!
Has anybody any ideas about the clear bra specs and fitting in Germany - I see Trim-Line seems to be the 3M brand here and they have fitting centres - any experiences out there?

#11 ·
We all know that stupid *** grin that you can't get off your face....and the thing is it never seems to go away with the CS! :cheers:

Speed Yellow or Guards Red are the two colours for me and I think the yellow with the black rims and side stripes is a very nice combination....congratulations!

The kit you have on the car will prove good on the track so get yourself over to the Ring. The aerodynamics of the Cayman make getting up to max speed quite effortless, and perfect for the Autobahn!

Words are nothing without pictures! ;)

#18 ·
Congrats!

Love the color! ;)

#21 ·
how do the PCCB feel? Like the color man. Definitely get some looks with that. The black stripes really add to it as well. Congrats. The grins dont go away. I look for excuses to get in the car. I went to the pharmacy because I needed a key ring.

LOL. Was good enough for me to leave at 9pm to get one. Took the scenic route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.