Votes: 38 59.4%
  • Suspension

Votes: 26 40.6%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys....just wanted to take a pulse from the forum and see what you guys think would be some good ideas for a group buy. We want to do everything we can to support the forums, and group buys are such a good way for us to pass savings along to you.

So let's have some ideas. I'll start with one and leave the poll open to add more, up to ten. Once we get some good suggestions, I'll see what I can do from there! :)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Probably a bit out of your line and no where near as exciting as new exhausts etc but I keep hoping someone will kit up all the bits for the spare tire as supplied with the first '06 Cayman's and offer it at a reduced GB price.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Probably a bit out of your line and no where near as exciting as new exhausts etc but I keep hoping someone will kit up all the bits for the spare tire as supplied with the first '06 Cayman's and offer it at a reduced GB price.
I would probably also be interested in a such a GB....I have done a lot of research on the topic and knowing that I will be doing some road trips in the summer a spare tire would give piece of mind!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I might be interested in interior parts like steering wheels or seats. I have been looking at the Porsche c/f bucket seats but they are alot of $$$$. Just an idea :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a speed yellow CS and have thought black side grills might be a nice contrast. The carbon fiber replacements don't really appeal to me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a speed yellow CS and have thought black side grills might be a nice contrast. The carbon fiber replacements don't really appeal to me.
Count me in for black side grills too. Id rather not paint the originals. I assume the Cayman S Sport has a specific part number for its black side grills? Thats what we'd need.

I might also be interested in some sort of touchscreen stereo/GPS/Ipod/Bluetooth interface and faceplate to replace the stock double DIN setup. Im not paying $3400 for a new PCM off the shelf, but having integrated bluetooth, IPod (or HDD), and GPS would be real real nice if the end result looked stock and was not a matter of re-wiring NORAD.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Greywolf,

I bit off topic, but the 996/Boxster spare tire kits are available from Porsche dismantlers (AKS salvage yards) for between $250-$350. But you need to be cautious of the age of the spare tire itself. The one I got was dated "078" - the 7th week of 1998. This tire is close to 12 years old - way past the 6 years which is considered the oldest you should use. New tires are available - the size is "T 105/95R17" = temporary use radial.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Thanks, I'd checked with several salvage operations when I got the car with no success. And the age of the tire was the big concern. The tire/wheel is the only big ticket item in of the whole deal. Same issue with fleabay etc. How olds the tire and how many miles was it run?

Being lazy I just keep hoping that someone would kit up the whole mess with a new tire saving me the hassle.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

I could go for a decent smaller, fatter steering wheel also at something less than Porsche's rather stiff prices.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I could get excited about a GB for a Borla exhaust. Maybe $1100 range? Thats $350-400 off.

Or extra set of side vents.

IPod interface.

The rear sunshade.

The front and reat cargo liners.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts