Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....perhaps a silly question, but am new to Porsche and new to Planet-9......

BUT....

Can someone explain to me what a group buy is, how does one participate, and what are the advantages. It sounds like there should be some discount or special deal, but in the ones I have looked at, I can't see the advantage.
What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
A group buy is when a specific number of people (usually 10 or more) commit to purchasing an item sold by a vendor and as a result of this commitment, they get a discount. The discount usually increases as more people participate.

Most of the ones I've seen, offer various things such as free shipping, 10%+ off, etc.

Which group buys are you referring to that do not seem to be offering any discount?

-Moto

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Planet-9! :cheers:

Group Buys are usually organized by vendors (sometimes at the suggestion of a member or customer) in order to sell a (relatively) large quantity of their product over a short period of time, usually at some kind of discount. There is usually a limited period for joining a group buy, and the discounts are frequently related to the number of buyers.

For example in the Schild Lid Protectors group Buy, the vendor offered a 10% discount for 10 buyers, 20% discount for 20 buyers, etc. I believe it actually closed at over 25 buyers, meaning they will get a 25% discount, which is a pretty nice saving.

Other vendors may just offer limited production runs or sales of their merchandise at a discounted price to P-9 members only (e.g. Motordrive.com in the U.K.)

You need to check-in here regularly to make sure you don't miss out when the Group Buys appear. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts