Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

I think this is a great idea and will help out however I can

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another moderator and I have been discussing the possibility of a regional group meeting. So far - it's in the discussion phase.

What we'd like to achieve is putting some faces (and cars) to people who post here regularly. We'd also like to see some of the neat cars our members have, and generally chat and have a good time.

Right now - under consideration is either a dealership or independent repair shop sponsorship, OR holding it somewhere like a state park (NJ has free access to ALL state parks for 2022, some may have a small parking fee though.) We'd like opinions and suggestions - if you know a suitable spot - let us know. If you have a dealership/shop contact you might approach for this - let us know.

What would go on? Not racing or burnouts (we aren't driving Honda's) - but more along the lines of Cars/Coffee type meets. Perhaps with food of some sort (from the sponsor or via food trucks), and maybe awards given for different awardable things. We might hit up dealers and Planet-9 vendors for donations of awards/gifts, and perhaps the company that owns Planet-9.

Timing - July or September

What's needed for it to work is:
1 - Big empty parking lot
2 - Some source of food/drink
3 - Some shade to hide out in
4 - Picnic tables and such
5 - Interesting place to go/be..
6 - Publicity
7 - Permission to use the location
8 - VERY IMPORTANT - a place to pee.

So - that's the very vague proposal at the moment. Right now - we're leaning toward a location near central NJ (Edison area perhaps) since it has good access from all of NJ and NYC/Staten-Island and lower/eastern CT. The dealer in Edison is a possibility if someone knows anyone there we can talk to, or a nearby park (suggestions are welcome.) It would be held on a Sunday if possible. And we might charge some admission used for a charitable donation.

What we need from you

• Are you interested?
  • Suggestions on locations?
  • Contacts for the locations?
  • Are you willing to help?

Or is it all baloney?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Once upon a time, when I was a very young man, I lived in Maplewood, NJ. Loved it there and if we were still in the area I would be all in for this gathering. Alas, I am far, far away now. I hope it happens and that you all have a wonderful time.

·
Registered
2011 Porsche Cayman S
161 Posts
Another moderator and I have been discussing the possibility of a regional group meeting. So far - it's in the discussion phase.

What we'd like to achieve is putting some faces (and cars) to people who post here regularly. We'd also like to see some of the neat cars our members have, and generally chat and have a good time.

Right now - under consideration is either a dealership or independent repair shop sponsorship, OR holding it somewhere like a state park (NJ has free access to ALL state parks for 2022, some may have a small parking fee though.) We'd like opinions and suggestions - if you know a suitable spot - let us know. If you have a dealership/shop contact you might approach for this - let us know.

What would go on? Not racing or burnouts (we aren't driving Honda's) - but more along the lines of Cars/Coffee type meets. Perhaps with food of some sort (from the sponsor or via food trucks), and maybe awards given for different awardable things. We might hit up dealers and Planet-9 vendors for donations of awards/gifts, and perhaps the company that owns Planet-9.

Timing - July or September

What's needed for it to work is:
1 - Big empty parking lot
2 - Some source of food/drink
3 - Some shade to hide out in
4 - Picnic tables and such
5 - Interesting place to go/be..
6 - Publicity
7 - Permission to use the location
8 - VERY IMPORTANT - a place to pee.

So - that's the very vague proposal at the moment. Right now - we're leaning toward a location near central NJ (Edison area perhaps) since it has good access from all of NJ and NYC/Staten-Island and lower/eastern CT. The dealer in Edison is a possibility if someone knows anyone there we can talk to, or a nearby park (suggestions are welcome.) It would be held on a Sunday if possible. And we might charge some admission used for a charitable donation.

What we need from you

• Are you interested?
  • Suggestions on locations?
  • Contacts for the locations?
  • Are you willing to help?

Or is it all baloney?
I wonder if Paul Miller Porsche in Parsippany would be interested in holding an event. When I lived up there they had many car shows and events. If the time is right I might be interested in making a trip up that way and join you guys.

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if Paul Miller Porsche in Parsippany would be interested in holding an event. When I lived up there they had many car shows and events. If the time is right I might be interested in making a trip up that way and join you guys.
Anyone know someone at Paul Miller?

·
Registered
2011 Porsche Cayman S
161 Posts
I have a friend that lives in the area and is going to stop by there tomorrow and see I can contact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts