Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Two weeks since I went to their shop and ask for estimates for track prep' and a couple more things..
They promised a detailed quote within two business days.. But nothing.
It seems like they don't want any business from Porsche owners.
Thanks for the update. Did you take a look at Cantrell? While I have not worked with them yet, everybody around here speaks very highly of them and I met several of the crew and they all make a very good impression.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Group 2 Motorsport in Seattle - New Ownership!

Hi There LaurentInSeattle! (Sorry, I do not know your real name...)

My name is John van Rensburg and I am the new owner of Group 2 Motorsports!

I just found this older post from the beginning of this year (before I acquired G2) and I am SO disappointed about your less than stellar experience! I JUST bought the company as of July 1st, 2015 and we have been working VERY hard since then to make a success of this place that has been such a fixture within the racing and street-track enthusiasts community in the PNW for the past 14 years! I really want to make this up to you - even though I was not here back in January of this year when all of this went down... More on that in a bit.

Allow me to simply share the fact that the two previous owners of Group 2 are both well into retirement age and unfortunately the interim managing partner that was running the shop then was simply not a motorsports guy... As a result, they lost a bit of that focus that made Group 2 Motorsports such an institution these past 14 years (I would know - I was customer number 3 - literally - one of the first customers to walk through the doors of the old location!) However, he is gone, we have added some fresh blood coupled with enthusiastic and dedicated ownership and the company is back on track!

The new location just around the corner (and still near the Fisherman's Terminal in Magnolia - near Ballard) is bigger and better and still the destination that G2 was! I love this place and the people! We have added five additional VERY CAPABLE technicians with specific Porsche, Ferrari Tesla and other exotic vehicle experience - they are all rabid perfectionists that love the company, the people, the cars and the customers! We have also launched a gear and apparel section with lots of accessories, professional grade fluids and additives to take home (or to have professionally installed), such as OMP, Motul, Sparco, BG, Ate, Planted, H&R, Red Line, KW etc. The company also offers climate controlled private vehicle storage!

While 60% to 70% of our business is the routine service, maintenance and repair of daily driver vehicles, the company's focus for the other 30-40% of our activities has always been - and will always be - the motorsports side of things! That's where my own personal passion resides! Keep in mind that in addition to general automotive service, maintenance, repair and parts supply, we have always offered specialty alignment, corner balancing, tire mount & balance drop-ship service via Discount Tire and Tire Rack, and then finally engine, transmission, differential and brake system rebuilding and conversion. The custom fabrication services also include building FIA spec. roll cages and other track & race car preparation steps!

In any event - again, sorry about the lame interaction back in January - please accept my apologies (even though I did not own the company yet at that point!) We would love to have you come in for a complementary oil service on one of your vehicles anytime - please ask for Tony or myself (John) when you book the appointment! Also, our website has undergone significant effort - please visit our site via Group 2 Motorsports and give us your feedback here!

Feel free to call me personally on my cell at 425.949.9518 if I can be of any further assistance. The shop number is 206.378.0900 - or you may email me via [email protected]

Cheers and all of the best for this Holiday Season!

Be Safe! Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Re: Group 2 Motorsport in Seattle - New Ownership!

That's fantastic Laurent, thanks! Look forward to meeting you tonight here at Group 2 Motorsports!

Please make sure to track me down - I'd like to introduce myself - John van Rensburg (tall ugly guy with an accent.)

Cheers, JvR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts