Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking to upgrade their standard steering wheel to the beautiful GT Sport Design wheel, I have one listed on Panjo, tried to make it work on my 981 but the architecture is so vastly different that it can't be done(at least on my budget). Manual(no paddles), Multi-function, with heat, and it also has the Sport Chrono knob. Just trying to get the word out to 718 owners of its availability. It also fits the 991.2 Carreras.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If anyone is looking to upgrade their standard steering wheel to the beautiful GT Sport Design wheel, I have one listed on Panjo, tried to make it work on my 981 but the architecture is so vastly different that it can't be done(at least on my budget). Manual(no paddles), Multi-function, with heat, and it also has the Sport Chrono knob. Just trying to get the word out to 718 owners of its availability. It also fits the 991.2 Carreras.
If it had paddles I'd sure be interested! Bought one off the lot and that's the one thing (multi-function) I could live without, but wished it had.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'd already have it sold if it were PDK. Not the case though. There are at least two other wheels like mine on eBay for more money than I'm asking. If anyone has any questions just PM me or send me a direct email at bmitch1948 AT gmail.com and I'll be glad to answer them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What is the issue you're having? I recently saw an adapter to make the new wheels work on the older cars. I think I saw it in the 991 forum on Rennlist. It wasnt very expensive and made it a plug and play.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's exactly the I've been looking for! If you can provide me a link I'd be very grateful. My dealer said w/of an adapter there was no way to make it work, even with the codes.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be contacting my dealer tomorrow about this. I got the MF GT Sport wheel and airbag and last Monday they tried to install, wouldn't communicate, even after I got a code from a hacker. (Same hacker I got codes for my PCM install last year, worked great then). The SA and tech said w/o an adapter it wouldn't work, and it looks like this guy has made just the adapter I need. I'll contact him to make doubly sure that my particular situation is covered, but it looks like it is. This is great news!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.