Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I need to replace my bumper cover (long story)

Trying to decide between FVD's GT3 front end or NR Auto's.

I hear that FVD's needs less corrective work but the bottom part is all one piece. Also cheaper than the NR.

Heard great things about NR Auto's bumper as well.

Please share with me your experiences (positive or negative)

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Do a Forums Search "GT3 Style Bumper- do you want one?" This thread will answer just about any question you may have with lots of members photos who have done this conversion.

The Cayman takes on a totally new look with this bumper (aggressive stance). I'v gotten lots of positive comments. Find a good after market body shop to do the work. Hey and post pics when your done.

Mark C.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went with the NR Auto version because of the removable front lip. The fitment was far from perfect but my bodyshop guys took care of it. Im happy I chose the removable lip (NR Auto) as I have a few different versions I switch between (black GT3, black with white splitter GT3RS, and fully painted GT3)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I wouldn’t get a bumper now unless I really had to. I would wait for the new GT3 front to be available.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I hit a deer at about 100 mph so the front bumper and a few other things need to be replaced.

I'm now debating whether to do the gt3 front. I haven't seen it in person but fear that it will look odd changing the front and doing nothing more (other than rims) to the car.

I am also concerned that it would damage resale of the car. I guess I could replace the bumper cap at that time if I need to..

Thoughts?

PS anyone in DFW around to show off their gt3 bumper??

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thanks all. I hit a deer at about 100 mph so the front bumper and a few other things need to be replaced.

I'm now debating whether to do the gt3 front. I haven't seen it in person but fear that it will look odd changing the front and doing nothing more (other than rims) to the car.

I am also concerned that it would damage resale of the car. I guess I could replace the bumper cap at that time if I need to..

Thoughts?

PS anyone in DFW around to show off their gt3 bumper??
I wouldn't say it'll look odd changing the bumper and nothing else. *However*, modification can quickly become addictive and can easily open the floodgate leading to wheels, suspension, other enhancement, etc. It's the nature of the beast.

If you have the opportunity and insurance is picking up the tap, why not go ahead with it. It won't hurt your resale value anymore than the hit you've already taken with this accident. OE or aftermarket bumper will look just fine. G'luck.

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
moosemarus

If anything It will Increase your resale value not decrease .
Take a good look at Kens car and you tell me if the Gt-3 front doesnt make his car look Awsome:) .I also have the gt-3 front on my Cayman and I can honestly say it looks totally natural ,in fact the dealer in seattle thought it was a gt-3 until they came close and noticed the front lights were not round like the gt-3 .I am 100% totally satisfied with the new look of my cayman and if you have a chance to have the insurance pick up the tab this is a great oportunity for you ,dont let it pass you buy IMO :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts