·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Amazing!!!

What a gorgeous car. It is so nice to see a few members going from 981's to GT3's.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Currently there's nothing in the market that comes close to the GT3. The next thing will be the 991.2 GT3 and I can't imagine how further it can be improved.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Currently there's nothing in the market that comes close to the GT3. The next thing will be the 991.2 GT3 and I can't imagine how further it can be improved.
Hi Hassan,

i was was reading your GT3 thread and I was wondering why you went with the turbo instead of waiting for another allocation of a GT3? Is it that you wanted to go from a turbo 987 to a turbo 991?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Hi Hassan,

i was was reading your GT3 thread and I was wondering why you went with the turbo instead of waiting for another allocation of a GT3? Is it that you wanted to go from a turbo 987 to a turbo 991?
Not a single 991 model appealed to me. I always loved the 981 more but was turned off by the lack of power/acceleration that I seek. The GT3 was the only 991 that got me breathless. It even outranked the GT3 4.0 that I always fancied.

But there was no coming allocation. I was one day too late to get an allocation of the 991.1 GT3. Trust I was about to cry at the dealer, not exaggerating. I had only two choices, wait 2 years for a 991.2 GT3 or pray for an overbooked allocation for the 991 GT3 RS. There was another option then which was to walk out with a white GT3 in the showroom. I envy those who love white Porsches. But I hate them and I couldn't stand the sight of looking at it next to a yellow 981 Cayman and a red 981 Boxster in the showroom. I wouldn't take the white GT3 even for free! I don't know why, but you can say the GT3 was not meant for me.

I got home very depressed over the weekend because I wasted a month debating buying the 991 GT3 due to family issues. Then I started configuring a 991 turbo to get over my sorrow. The next thing I know was me emailing the dealer my turbo configuration on my way out to him then paying for it.

Will the 991 turbo satisfy me? I can say I'll love the turbo and its breathless performance for sure. And I believe the turbo suits me better with its ground clearance with the current road conditions.

I guess turbo was in my destiny ;)

Reactions: jhthornley

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Not a single 991 model appealed to me. I always loved the 981 more but was turned off by the lack of power/acceleration that I seek. The GT3 was the only 991 that got me breathless. It even outranked the GT3 4.0 that I always fancied.

But there was no coming allocation. I was one day too late to get an allocation of the 991.1 GT3. Trust I was about to cry at the dealer, not exaggerating. I had only two choices, wait 2 years for a 991.2 GT3 or pray for an overbooked allocation for the 991 GT3 RS. There was another option then which was to walk out with a white GT3 in the showroom. I envy those who love white Porsches. But I hate them and I couldn't stand the sight of looking at it next to a yellow 981 Cayman and a red 981 Boxster in the showroom. I wouldn't take the white GT3 even for free! I don't know why, but you can say the GT3 was not meant for me.

I got home very depressed over the weekend because I wasted a month debating buying the 991 GT3 due to family issues. Then I started configuring a 991 turbo to get over my sorrow. The next thing I know was me emailing the dealer my turbo configuration on my way out to him then paying for it.

Will the 991 turbo satisfy me? I can say I'll love the turbo and its breathless performance for sure. And I believe the turbo suits me better with its ground clearance with the current road conditions.

I guess turbo was in my destiny ;)

Hi Hassan,

Wow! The turbo was your destiny then. I really do believe that the GT3 is an all out track car and the turbo is both kick *** on the track and on the street. I love the wing on the GT3 but I love the overall look of the turbo. With that being said it is nice that you had a choice and that you are happy with your choice.

Good luck with your turbo!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts