Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found a good answer for this so here goes.

If you do NOT spec the dual zone climate control option ($760), is the default system a manual one where you need to adjust the A/C and fan speeds manually?

On the 987 this was the case, not sure on the 981.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
That's correct. It's either entirely manual, or auto with dual zones.

For my part, I could care less about the dual zones, but wouldn't want to do without the auto feature.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Oh that sucks! Bah, need to change my order again =(
Hmm... you're still kinda new here...

The more time you spend here before your order locks, the more your car is going to cost you. That's just how things work around here. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
The climate control works very well, I wouldn't want to be without it. My concern was if you could run it as one zone and you can. Holding the "sync" button turns it into a single zone system.

Though just to be perverse, I've found the dual zone to be useful when I'm a passenger. I can affect my climate without affecting the wife's as she's driving.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I guess it comes down to how you will use the car. I am a big fan of automatic climate control in general, but not so much on a GT-4. For me the GT-4 would be a track day car and Sunday driver. The climate control would not be an issue. Just give me those bucket seats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I guess it comes down to how you will use the car. I am a big fan of automatic climate control in general, but not so much on a GT-4. For me the GT-4 would be a track day car and Sunday driver. The climate control would not be an issue. Just give me those bucket seats.
I have a Leaf for my daily commute, but i'm sure I'll pulling out the GT4 more than the weekend/track time, so want to get it equipped with the comforts. As far as resale value goes, if it was a PDK, i'm convinced all the luxury items would be highly desirable. But with a stick, we're going to be looking at drivers who are going to be more interested in the car as a track/weekend car.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info folks. This could be a big gotcha for those configuring the order sheet.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the info folks. This could be a big gotcha for those configuring the order sheet.
Reading these forums for the past few years, there have been countless times that I've heard folks assuming that their would come standard with automatic climate control (and assuming that the option only makes it "dual-zone")... only to find out that the only way to get automatic climate control is to spec it.

Standard cars have manual controls for heating/cooling and fan speed.

When you have automatic climate control, you just set a temperature.
I set mine to 72 degrees. When it's cold out, the car manages the heat and fan speed so that the car stays 72 degrees inside. When it's warm out, the car controls the air conditioning to maintain the same temperature. I never touch the controls. Trust me, you WANT to spec the automatic climate control. And by the way, it comes with dual-zone. ;)

Reactions: sapman and Mike R.

·
Registered
16 Posts
99% of my time in the car will be with no passenger. Couldn't care less about dual zone, but for the amount of money this thing will cost, the standard climate control should be automatic. I guess I've been around long enough to know that Porsche nickel and dimes you to death.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
99% of my time in the car will be with no passenger. Couldn't care less about dual zone, but for the amount of money this thing will cost, the standard climate control should be automatic. I guess I've been around long enough to know that Porsche nickel and dimes you to death.
Don't forget the $1700 CDR+ audio upgrade to get a USB port to plug your phone/iPod in! Otherwise you just get a 1/8" analog AUX input jack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't forget the $1700 CDR+ audio upgrade to get a USB port to plug your phone/iPod in! Otherwise you just get a 1/8" analog AUX input jack.
I think that is actually standard equipment for Canadian spec cars. We don't have that option on the build site and it appears to be the standard audio equipment after I print out the build sheet.

Reactions: PistolPete

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think that is actually standard equipment for Canadian spec cars. We don't have that option on the build site and it appears to be the standard audio equipment after I print out the build sheet.
My build sheet states "CDR audio system with Sound Package Plus". Sound Package Plus upgrades CDR to 9 speakers and 235 watts (from 4 speakers and 50W), but it's still not CDR+, as far as I can tell. Unless you have information from somewhere else - nothing would please me more than having to pony up for PCM/Nav just to get a USB connection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My build sheet states "CDR audio system with Sound Package Plus". Sound Package Plus upgrades CDR to 9 speakers and 235 watts (from 4 speakers and 50W), but it's still not CDR+, as far as I can tell. Unless you have information from somewhere else - nothing would please me more than having to pony up for PCM/Nav just to get a USB connection.
I stand corrected. I think you're right.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
BS

Its more than just a USB add-on. Or did someone ignore, don't care, about the other stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BS

Its more than just a USB add-on. Or did someone ignore, don't care, about the other stuff.
Maybe I worded it a bit harshly, it's definitely more. But for me, the USB was what I focused on because I didn't care about the rest of the sound improvements.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Maybe I worded it a bit harshly, it's definitely more. But for me, the USB was what I focused on because I didn't care about the rest of the sound improvements.
But its still included whether one cares or not. That's like saying one wants a supreme pizza but doesn't care about the veggies or meat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts