Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are GT3 drop links not adjustable? For some reason I thought they were, but those in the pic are not and if they are the same as the GT3 then that would mean the GT3's are not... sorry don't mean to go off topic, just wondering...
The rear suspension is a modified one since the GT3 version would not fit.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
So the fronts are definitely adjustable then? Just not the rears? That's a shame they didn't put adjustable ones on the rear, don't see any reason why they couldn't have. That will probably be an aftermarket upgrade...

So what are the dimensions of the stock GT4 wheels? That might be handy to include in this topic thread so people can see what works from the factory and thus what they have to try to get close to for aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Are GT3 drop links not adjustable? For some reason I thought they were, but those in the pic are not and if they are the same as the GT3 then that would mean the GT3's are not... sorry don't mean to go off topic, just wondering...
991 GT3 drop links not adjustable. FYI, Elephant racing has a nice write up and photos on the GT3 suspension on their web site.

Reactions: K-Man S

·
Registered
360 Posts
So the fronts are definitely adjustable then? Just not the rears? That's a shame they didn't put adjustable ones on the rear, don't see any reason why they couldn't have. That will probably be an aftermarket upgrade...

So what are the dimensions of the stock GT4 wheels? That might be handy to include in this topic thread so people can see what works from the factory and thus what they have to try to get close to for aftermarket wheels.

The factory brochure lists the Front 8.5 J x20 ET 61, Rear 11 J x20 ET 50..

williamr

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,861 Posts
A good candidate might be the stock 997GTS wheels: 8.5J x 19 ET56 front, and 11J x 19 ET51 rear, or the 997 Turbo wheels: 8.5J x 19 ET55 front, and 11J x 19 ET51 rear. But they might be center lock wheels, IDK

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The factory brochure lists the Front 8.5 J x20 ET 61, Rear 11 J x20 ET 50..

williamr
Seems like an odd offset for a front tire---IIRC typical Porsche offsets are in the 50-55 range for the fronts.

·
Registered
728 Posts
i have a set of OZs Formula HLTs 8.5-19 53ET& 10-19 40ET on my 15 cs that im hoping will work. I'll know in 2 months?carl

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
i have a set of OZs Formula HLTs 8.5-19 53ET& 10-19 40ET on my 15 cs that im hoping will work. I'll know in 2 months?carl
If the published offsets are correct, your front wheels will move out 8 mm and your rears will move out 10 mm. There shouldn't be any suspension or brake clearance issues (assuming no PCCB), but don't know about fenders, nor how it'll look. Gut feel is they'll work.

Dan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
A good candidate might be the stock 997GTS wheels: 8.5J x 19 ET56 front, and 11J x 19 ET51 rear, or the 997 Turbo wheels: 8.5J x 19 ET55 front, and 11J x 19 ET51 rear. But they might be center lock wheels, IDK
Agree, either wheel set looks good if the published GT4 specs are correct. The fronts will be moved out as if a 5mm spacer were used and the rears will move in 1mm which is likely fine, or is easily correctable. Obviously, CL is NG.

I run 18s on my PCCB calipers and 350mm steel rotors. From my measurements, but without the ability to test fit, they won't clear the GT4s brakes, but 19s should fit fine with the steel rotors.

Dan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts