Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking to Cambridge today - they have a wait list in the teens and reckon that a deposit with them would almost certainly not end up with a car as the model would run out by the time I got to the front of the queue.

Does anyone know if any dealers have allocations left or is it too late to join the party?

Rich

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
I can't speak for the UK, but in the US there were a couple that were available that recently got snatched up, or dealers are auctioning them off to the highest bidder and people are paying $20-$25K over msrp just to get an allocation. It is doubtful that Porsche will release any more allocations before the end of this model run so the odds are small that you can find an allocation, BUT it never hurts to keep checking and see if perhaps others have dropped out, or a car came in and the person who ordered it no longer wants it for some financial reason, etc.

A tactic I suggested to someone was to see if they could convince their local dealer that they'd make a donation to the dealership's favorite charity in the dealership's name in exchange for getting an allocation. I don't know if that worked or not, but just a suggestion and the money goes towards a good cause.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts