Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone if it is possible to out the gt4 bumper on a Boxster or cayman and if or when the bumper will be available?

·
Registered
534 Posts
It should be possible, but I don't believe it's available yet. Once you bought the bumper, had it painted, then installed, you would probably be in $4000 on this modification. At that point I might just save my pennies for a GT4 - even if it took a while to get one.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It should be possible, but I don't believe it's available yet. Once you bought the bumper, had it painted, then installed, you would probably be in $4000 on this modification. At that point I might just save my pennies for a GT4 - even if it took a while to get one.
Getty design and other budget companies out there will make one if there are demands for it, it'll be half of that, just takes time.

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Depending on model I'd look at either doing the front and rear spoiler for the GT4 or Spyder. You definitely want to do both ends to avoid upsetting the aero, but the Spyder shows that you don't necessarily need the big wing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Depending on model I'd look at either doing the front and rear spoiler for the GT4 or Spyder. You definitely want to do both ends to avoid upsetting the aero, but the Spyder shows that you don't necessarily need the big wing.
I dont think the aerodynamic properties of the Boxster are comparable to the Cayman. I could be wrong, but I'd love to see the CFD analysis of both

·
Registered
534 Posts
Getty design and other budget companies out there will make one if there are demands for it, it'll be half of that, just takes time.
So $2000 + paint + install and finishing? That's still a $3000+ job and you don't even get a genuine Porsche bumper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This forum is amazing and seems to include everything. I was just thinking of this idea myself (replacing a Cayman S front bumper with a GT4 bumper) after last Thursday, when a State Trooper(!) drove his SUV right into the front of mine, so I have to replace it anyway. I had had the car all of 16 days before the knucklehead did it! Tomorrow morning I'm off to the body shop and that's one of the questions I plan to ask.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This forum is amazing and seems to include everything. I was just thinking of this idea myself (replacing a Cayman S front bumper with a GT4 bumper) after last Thursday, when a State Trooper(!) drove his SUV right into the front of mine, so I have to replace it anyway. I had had the car all of 16 days before the knucklehead did it! Tomorrow morning I'm off to the body shop and that's one of the questions I plan to ask.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Unless your car sees some serious track time or you are constantly traveling at speeds in excess of 100+ you will not notice a major difference in Aero balance from the GT4 bumper so that should not be too much of a worry.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If someone with a white GTS (or any color for that matter) and parking sensors swaps their bumper out for a GT4 bumper, then I'd be interested in purchasing the GTS bumper :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jumping on this thread 2 years later...so what happend? Were you able to get a different bumper. Kind of going through a similar situation right now, thats why i ask.. Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts