Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not just vertical distance, but the approach angle that determines the likelihood of scraping. This angle is calculated as the inverse tangent of the ratio of the vertical clearance to the horizontal distance from it to the point where the front tire touches the ground. Or, you can simply look it up in the specifications.
Fellow Engineer? LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have those same side decals on my white Cayman R. I'm considering installing them on my white GT4, too. Delivery is expected next month. I may also install the motorsport hood-roof-wing stripe. These decals are available from Suncoast Porsche parts dept. in Florida for $295 each. https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU981CGT4ST.html
Good site, middle strip looks cool might look at one for mine!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome thread persy,

Just read through the whole thing, I have one question that hasnt been asked yet, does the auto blip annoy you when you are down shifting? Do you find it a bit slow with the blip when you are on track? And would it be good to have a switch on it to choose if you want to heel toe yourself or allow the ecu to do it?

Awesome work keep it up!

JP

·
Registered
408 Posts
Awesome thread persy,

Just read through the whole thing, I have one question that hasnt been asked yet, does the auto blip annoy you when you are down shifting? Do you find it a bit slow with the blip when you are on track? And would it be good to have a switch on it to choose if you want to heel toe yourself or allow the ecu to do it?

Awesome work keep it up!

JP
FYI, everything I have read from drivers about the auto-blip says that it works perfectly, even on track.

Also, it can easily be turned off with the "Sport" button... that's all it does, according to Porsche... is just turn off the auto-blipper.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
FYI, everything I have read from drivers about the auto-blip says that it works perfectly, even on track.

Also, it can easily be turned off with the "Sport" button... that's all it does, according to Porsche... is just turn off the auto-blipper.
The auto-blip does work perfectly. The "sport" button turns auto-blip ON/OFF, but it also alters the cooling system to lower coolant temperature. It would be nice if those 2 functions were separately switched. It would also be nice if sport and PSE defaulted to the last setting rather than "off."

Dan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
I double-clutch even with Sport engaged, ignoring Rev-Match. The engine doesn't seem to object and skips blipping the throttle.

williamr

·
Registered
51 Posts
I double-clutch even with Sport engaged, ignoring Rev-Match. The engine doesn't seem to object and skips blipping the throttle.

williamr
sweet thats good news! do you find you are quikcer or is it you fel in more control? I wont know till I get mine out on track.

JP

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Persy,

I will be having my stag do next year, or Stag Run as it will be called, plan at the moment is to drive across France, hit Grenoble then start heading south towards Monaco final destination will be St Tropez. As you seem to know your way around the swiss alps do you have any suggestions of good passes/roads we could take on the way down? PM Me.

Cheers JP

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
One year anniversary gift from Porsche :)

_DSC3382-Edit.jpg _DSC3387-Edit.jpg _DSC3389.jpg

·
Registered
408 Posts
Very cool, nice effort. I can't believe you got your car a year ago, and it has been that long.

I pick mine up Friday in Leipzig. Somewhat excited. ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Percy, good to hear from you again.
Be good to hear your views on the car now you've been together for 12 months !

I got my new Spyder back in December and I'm loving it.
I've got 1700 miles on the clock, first trackday in two weeks, then a European tour planned for late May.
Will be heading for the Swiss Alps (via the Porsche museum and Black Forset) and hopefully doing a few passes if they are open.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
GT4 in autumn sunshine :)

_DSC9844.jpg

_DSC9848.jpg

_DSC9849.jpg

161 - 178 of 178 Posts