Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

161 - 180 of 183 Posts
It's not just vertical distance, but the approach angle that determines the likelihood of scraping. This angle is calculated as the inverse tangent of the ratio of the vertical clearance to the horizontal distance from it to the point where the front tire touches the ground. Or, you can simply look it up in the specifications.[emoji6]
Fellow Engineer? LOL

I have those same side decals on my white Cayman R. I'm considering installing them on my white GT4, too. Delivery is expected next month. I may also install the motorsport hood-roof-wing stripe. These decals are available from Suncoast Porsche parts dept. in Florida for $295 each. https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU981CGT4ST.html
Good site, middle strip looks cool might look at one for mine!!

Awesome thread persy,

Just read through the whole thing, I have one question that hasnt been asked yet, does the auto blip annoy you when you are down shifting? Do you find it a bit slow with the blip when you are on track? And would it be good to have a switch on it to choose if you want to heel toe yourself or allow the ecu to do it?

Awesome work keep it up!

JP

Awesome thread persy,

Just read through the whole thing, I have one question that hasnt been asked yet, does the auto blip annoy you when you are down shifting? Do you find it a bit slow with the blip when you are on track? And would it be good to have a switch on it to choose if you want to heel toe yourself or allow the ecu to do it?

Awesome work keep it up!

JP
FYI, everything I have read from drivers about the auto-blip says that it works perfectly, even on track.

Also, it can easily be turned off with the "Sport" button... that's all it does, according to Porsche... is just turn off the auto-blipper.

FYI, everything I have read from drivers about the auto-blip says that it works perfectly, even on track.

Also, it can easily be turned off with the "Sport" button... that's all it does, according to Porsche... is just turn off the auto-blipper.
The auto-blip does work perfectly. The "sport" button turns auto-blip ON/OFF, but it also alters the cooling system to lower coolant temperature. It would be nice if those 2 functions were separately switched. It would also be nice if sport and PSE defaulted to the last setting rather than "off."

Dan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Persy,

I will be having my stag do next year, or Stag Run as it will be called, plan at the moment is to drive across France, hit Grenoble then start heading south towards Monaco final destination will be St Tropez. As you seem to know your way around the swiss alps do you have any suggestions of good passes/roads we could take on the way down? PM Me.

Cheers JP

Very cool, nice effort. I can't believe you got your car a year ago, and it has been that long.

I pick mine up Friday in Leipzig. Somewhat excited. ;-)

Hi Percy, good to hear from you again.
Be good to hear your views on the car now you've been together for 12 months !

I got my new Spyder back in December and I'm loving it.
I've got 1700 miles on the clock, first trackday in two weeks, then a European tour planned for late May.
Will be heading for the Swiss Alps (via the Porsche museum and Black Forset) and hopefully doing a few passes if they are open.

Introduction

Dear fellow Planet-9 members, Ken kindly asked me if I would like to create a diary for my GT4 to share my ownership experience. I am most thankful for his request and look forward contributing to the forum with text, photo and video related to my GT4. I intend to cover the order decision and experience, the delivery, various reviews, track days, trips and much more. Hence I will stop updating in my GT4 order thread and continue the story here. But first, we have to rewind a few decades…

My passion for Porsches started in 1980 when I was 7 years old. Early one summer morning I walked out on the street outside our house in a small suburb in southern Sweden. It was a beautiful morning with a light breeze blowing from the sea and a clear blue sky (the ones that only exist in your childhood memories). The sun was already warming the asphalt under my barefoot feet. As I came out on the street I looked across at our neighbours house and stopped in awe… In front of their house someone had parked a dark blue metallic 911 with black Fuchs wheels and foreign license plates. It was love at first sight! Wow!

Years later I learned that the car belonged to an Austrian man who was a former colleague from my neighbour, who had studied medicine in Innsbruck. The passion for Porsches stayed with me all these years and at some point I found myself living in Switzerland and owning a 911 myself…

Next up will be the GT4 order decision and process. Until then, a few photos from the Grindelwald region in Switzerland:
Am in love with the pictures. I love the car color. You are really good at maintaining cars.
View attachment 59312

View attachment 59313

View attachment 59314

Nice revisit after 3 years.
Here's my Spyder on delivery day Jan 2016 NY snow storm on Long Island.

How did I drive home from Manhattan dealer to Long Island and the car is spotless ?
There was no snow in NYC but 6" on island; probably cheated and wiped the car off before backing out of garage next day.
I remember it was dark when I got home so must have been next day.
See my British Racing Green Mini Cooper with toffee interior watching everything; it approve the addition.

Reactions: frankarmes
161 - 180 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.