Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had dealer replace stock diffuser with GT4, while they fixed my bumper.
I had a tough time finding pics of other Caymans with just the GT4 diffuser installed.
Putting these here for future reference.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Sports car

Reactions: Nimche

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did installed the GTS defuser as well as the side air intakes and did the front strakes and the "smile" all in gloss black and covered with the Zunsport grill (also gloss black) on a Guards Red BS. Love it.

·
Glockman
63 Posts
That looks AWESOME, I am installing the Techart front spoiler and splitter along with the Techart rear spoiler wing, I am also installing the Rennline radiator mesh guards as well. I will be sending my steering wheel to Dallas Custom next week for a new look and extra padding, I saw their work on this forum and they do a great job! Funny, I have owned this car since 2015 , it only has 6.0K miles, I just retired and now have time to play!:dance:

2014 BS Basalt Black, 20" RW5 Roderick wheels / P-Zero and all the above!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The heat shields were installed properly. The whole thing was handled by my dealer, and local Porsche certified body shop.
My only cost was my insurance deductible.
The advantage is eliminating the weak-chin diffuser that came stock on the car, and improving the look and lines of my car with genuine Porsche parts.

·
Glockman
63 Posts
It was not that expensive $456.00, it restyles the look of the rear end of my 2014 981 BS, and I think it goes well with the Techart rear spoiler and Techart front spoiler/splitter I am having installed......

2014 981 Basalt Black BS ,20" RW5 Roderick wheels, Techart rear spoiler and front spoiler/splitter, Rennline pedals, Rennline mesh kit front bumper, Dallas Custom Sterring wheel.......

·
Registered
334 Posts
The heat shields were installed properly. The whole thing was handled by my dealer, and local Porsche certified body shop.
My only cost was my insurance deductible.
The advantage is eliminating the weak-chin diffuser that came stock on the car, and improving the look and lines of my car with genuine Porsche parts.
DTuner, Looks very nice! Where did you purchase the unit from? And, what did you mean by "my only cost was my insurance deductible"?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone poked a hole in my rear bumper, while I was in the grocery store.
Probably a tow hitch, or who knows what...

Anyways, yeah under $500 from Suncoast.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the diffuser was 450 or 500, and I just installed it myself... Took almost 2hrs, including a few beers and not rushing, but wasn't too bad. I had trouble with the same clips as everyone else, but was able to get it sorted out... I did install the heat shields, and was going to pain them black, but ultimately left them as-is...

Likely no real benefit - I'm sure that porsche marketing on the GT4 says it increases rear downforce, to balance out some fo the stuff on teh front, but I'm not sure if there's any real difference... I think it looks really good on the cars though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.