Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

More accurately, does PCM Nav come with CDR+?

I want CDR+ for $1700, but if PCM includes CDR+ for $2900 then might as well get PCM for an extra $1200. Selecting PCM excludes CDR+, leading me to believe that it's included. Specs read about the same, but there is no specific mention.

I really just want a better audio system, and planned to skip PCM, but if it's only $1200 more then I'd just get both.

Anyone know? Make sense?

Thanks

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
PCM adds additional car electronics (don't ask me what though) and Nav to CDR+.

Hi,

I want CDR+ for $1700, but if PCM includes CDR+ for $2900 then might as well get PCM for an extra $1200. Selecting PCM excludes CDR+, leading me to believe that it's included. Specs read about the same, but there is no specific mention.

I really just want a better audio system, and planned to skip PCM, but if it's only $1200 more then I'd just get both.

Anyone know? Make sense?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know? Make sense?

Thanks
PCM traditionally includes Navigation, CDR+ does not include Navigation.

CDR+ includes HD Radio as well as the Sirrius/XM receiver, the PCM option does not include HD Radio or the Sirrius/XM receiver (it needs to be added as an option for about $1020 IIRC)

·
Registered
370 Posts
The S , GTS and GT4 comes with the 'Sound System Plus' as standard. Adding CDR+ will not change the sound quality. CDR+ also adds direct USB connection.

Is the antenna roof 'wart' only added if you get SiriusXM or HD ?. I know that my base cayman without CDR+ does not have the roof wart.

Interesting on the GT4 that the SiriusXM and HD have been unbundled from the PCM system. That is different from S,GTS and base Caymans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Per the GT4 web site. Sound quality better change.

CDR audio system.

Fitted as standard, the CDR audio system with 7-inch colour screen is intuitive to control. It features a CD radio with FM twin tuner with RDS, 30 memory presets, dynamic autostore and speed-sensitive volume control. For quality sound, it boasts four loudspeakers and an integrated amplifier with a power output of 2 x 25 watts. The AUX interface in the glove compartment enables you to connect external sources such as a compatible MP3 player.

CDR Plus audio system.

The CDR Plus audio system, with nine loudspeakers and a total output of 235 watts, is available as an option. It also features an analogue and digital twin tuner, an MP3-compatible CD/DVD drive, a USB port and an AUX interface.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again from the web site.
  • CDR Plus
    High-resolution 7-inch color (touchscreen) display including radio with RDS double-tuner and single CD/DVD drive with audio playback of MP3 music and audio/video DVDs.
  • Universal Audio Interface
    Connection for AUX-IN, USB, iPod® audio sources. Operated through external device or PCM (depending on device and connection used). The system also supports the display of cover art and playback of podcasts and audio books.
  • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver
    Enjoy your 3-month trial subscription to the All Access package with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, exclusive talk, entertainment and news. Plus listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio everywhere on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
  • HD Radio Receiver
    HD Radio technology provides access to a broad range of new digital programming on top of conventionally received FM stations. HD Radio also includes advanced audio and data features.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PCM traditionally includes Navigation, CDR+ does not include Navigation.

CDR+ includes HD Radio as well as the Sirrius/XM receiver, the PCM option does not include HD Radio or the Sirrius/XM receiver (it needs to be added as an option for about $1020 IIRC)
So, does PCM come with nine speakers and 235 watts like CDR+?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The nine speaker / Sound Package Plus appears to be standard on the GT4. CDR+ looks like the same head unit as the PCM to me, except no Nav function obviously.

The main reasons I checked the CDR+ option are the improved phone integration and higher resolution screen vs. CDR. Pretty hefty price @ $1700.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Standard on S, GTS,GT4

----
CDR audio system with Sound Package Plus - 9 speakers and 235 Watt output, 7-inch color touch screen, AM/FM radio with double tuner, single in-dash CD drive, also plays music in MP3, AAC and WMA format

Universal Audio Interface (AUX-IN) in the glove compartment for connection of external audio sources, operated through external device

Bluetooth® hands-free mobile phone connection, using Hands Free Profile (HFP)

(from porsche configuration)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Standard on S, GTS,GT4

----
CDR audio system with Sound Package Plus - 9 speakers and 235 Watt output, 7-inch color touch screen, AM/FM radio with double tuner, single in-dash CD drive, also plays music in MP3, AAC and WMA format

Universal Audio Interface (AUX-IN) in the glove compartment for connection of external audio sources, operated through external device

Bluetooth® hands-free mobile phone connection, using Hands Free Profile (HFP)

(from porsche configuration)
No, that's wrong. Again, taken directly from the GT4 web site, as posted above. http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayman/cayman-gt4/audio-and-communication/cdr-audio-system/

CDR audio system.

Fitted as standard, the CDR audio system with 7-inch colour screen is intuitive to control. It features a CD radio with FM twin tuner with RDS, 30 memory presets, dynamic autostore and speed-sensitive volume control. For quality sound, it boasts four loudspeakers and an integrated amplifier with a power output of 2 x 25 watts. The AUX interface in the glove compartment enables you to connect external sources such as a compatible MP3 player.

CDR Plus audio system.

The CDR Plus audio system, with nine loudspeakers and a total output of 235 watts, is available as an option. It also features an analogue and digital twin tuner, an MP3-compatible CD/DVD drive, a USB port and an AUX interface.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Please see my post above. GT4 standard is four speakers 2.25 watts. Per the web site.
No, that's wrong. Again, taken directly from the GT4 web site, as posted above. Audiosystem CDR and audiosystem CDR Plus - Audio & Communication - Cayman GT4 - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

CDR audio system.

CDR Plus audio system.

Understand that's what that portion of the websites says, but the configurator lists the 9 speakers as standard:

Go to the configurator and click on standard equipment. Also note that the configurator does not list an option for 9 speakers anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts