Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's an easy task to change the inner door strap color ?

I don't like the full leather dashboard on a car like GT4. I actually think leather ruins the overall feeling. However, I do like to have red door straps to match my red seat belts. So I'm wonder how hard it is to swap those out on a GT4. 997 cars were rather easy to just swap the straps.

I don't like how the non-leather dash also restricts you from getting matching color trim on the door as well ... arghhh

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes, I too would like to change the color of the straps. I've ordered mine with the leather, and the standard Platinum stitching. It is unclear to me if the door pulls will be black or silver - as I've seen both in pictures. My SA says it will be Silver. I've ordered Red seat belts and of course, would like RED straps to match. I was planning to ask Porsche Exclusive if they could change it or offer it. If not, see if it will be sold a Porsche part - which, if it is a special car part most times they will not sell a separate part unless you have a corresponding VIN number. Any new info I find out, I will post here.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I would assume we should see them eventually. I'm aware that Suncoast sells replacement straps for the 987.2 Boxster Spyder and Cayman R.

As for a swap, it'd likely be a bit simpler than replacing a conventional door opening assembly with the pull-strap assembly (which people do on 987/997s). Any complication would be trying to safely coax tabs from connectors, and may require sturdy plastic tooling to safely disassemble portions of the existing assembly. I would expect most of the assembly that's not "critical" to be one-way snap-together construction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I too would like to change the color of the straps. I've ordered mine with the leather, and the standard Platinum stitching. It is unclear to me if the door pulls will be black or silver - as I've seen both in pictures. My SA says it will be Silver. I've ordered Red seat belts and of course, would like RED straps to match. I was planning to ask Porsche Exclusive if they could change it or offer it. If not, see if it will be sold a Porsche part - which, if it is a special car part most times they will not sell a separate part unless you have a corresponding VIN number. Any new info I find out, I will post here.
Same here - I saw both silver and black pulls on standard leather. So far, no one could give me a straight answer. Pls post if u have any updates - thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Matt, Can you provide any update on the red straps? My GT4 is arriving in March and I also want to swop the standard door straps for red ones.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
For the record, my car was delivered with red straps instead of black (at no cost) as a special request to Porsche Exclusive by the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts