Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to review everyone's thought on expectations for the engine/exhaust note of the GT4 as compared to GTS or S with sports exhaust. I currently have a GTS and I really enjoy listening to the sounds... Should we expect much better from the GT4?... Sound to me, is crucial in deciding on a car

·
Noob
857 Posts
I also like car sounds, but not for long. I do get annoyed by the noise on a longer drive, specially when you want to talk to your co-passenger.
I think after the 1st 15-20min of driving, I wish there was a way to mute the sound. I generally pump up my music volume, but it doesn't solve the talking problem.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
ha ha.

GT4 has the valve control ( PSE ) for quiet / louder.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
For me owning a car like a GT4 is all about the exhaust notes. That's why my first mod upon purchase was to really allow that to come through. I chose the Fabspeed sport headers and wouldn't have went any other direction. The sound as others have attested on this forum with this mod with the valve control open is glorious. The car gurgles and roars like the beast it is. I haven't taken the car on any extended road trips nor do I plan to, so noise is not an issue. My philosophy is that a sports car should be loud and I love every moment of driving her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
My philosophy is that a sports car should be loud, and I love every moment of driving her.
Agree, drive mine a lot to work when it is not raining. I'm lucky to have covered parking to prevent baking in the sun. Love driving around the parking deck with valves open!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIHHNp5ALJY

I don't think a long trip would be a problem with the valves closed.

Next project is air filters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts