Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda hilarious. The GT4 markups reflect the real estate markets perfectly. :D

Reactions: Bueller

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Potential buyer of the Vancover car (which is actually in Edmonton, and the seller has an Alberta phone number) should beware: ad says the warranty can be transferred, which indicates it's already been registered. Ad also says the additional 2-year Porsche warranty is available...not true if the car has already been registered, as the extended warranty is only available to the original purchaser of the car. Porsche can add the additional 2 years to a CPO car, but only an original purchaser can get the 2-year factory coverage.

In in our case, the 4-year factory warranty on our CS is due to expire in January, 2016. Because the car was originally registered to Porsche Canada, the dealer wasn't 100% certain we would qualify as the original purchaser, as technically it was licensed by Porsche. Turns out we can buy the additional 2-years following an inspection.

I have no problem with someone buying a GT4, driving it for a few months, then trying to sell it for more than they paid. Good on them for getting an order in early, and enjoying the car for a while before taking the money off the table. Someone who is attempting to sell a new, unused car in Alberta with nothing but delivery miles got a car ahead of a true enthusiast, and IMO didn't deserve to get an allocation. Doing it once with a GT4 could mean they just got lucky with with snagging an allocation...doing it more than once, or doing it with intent to make profit as an unregistered sales person, could see them running afoul of anti-curbing legislation. What we investigate - Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council

Reactions: Bueller

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the extended warranty transferable though? Simple solution would be for the current owner to get the additional warranty immediately prior to the sale.

I agree though about people buying just to profit immediately. It's the car-equivalent of scalping tickets.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Is the extended warranty transferable though? Simple solution would be for the current owner to get the additional warranty immediately prior to the sale.

I agree though about people buying just to profit immediately. It's the car-equivalent of scalping tickets.
My understanding is the extended warranty is transferable...as would be pre-purchased maintenance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts