Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow 1000 miles already and they just picked it up 7/31. I do not think a lot of $120k car buyers shop on Craig's List....I could be wrong.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Beautiful GT4...but those amber corner lights need to go!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Had a new one here in Chicago for sale for $20k over list, last week.

Today there is a used one in Jacksonville FL for $30k over list with 20 miles on it. No test drives.

Both of them White/Black with the gray GT4 stitched interior.

What's next? $40k over?? Was offered two different GT3 allocations at MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
A fool and his money are soon parted

Sound like a Beanie Baby boom. Buy it with the intent to flip. Find no fools. Sell for below what they owe

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I can see a few folks ponying up a couple grand over MSRP...for a while....for a car with no miles. These inflated prices are comical...especially the 1000-miler advertised as "new."

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
I think it's good. Things like that will (hopefully) make Porsche think about lost profit by limiting production of the cars that people want to buy! Capitalism at work.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
I think it's good. Things like that will (hopefully) make Porsche think about lost profit by limiting production of the cars that people want to buy! Capitalism at work.
Actually, it might work the other way around. If people buy this car for a large markup, they will just increase the price of the product

Supply and demand ... = price

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Matt, this is or was located at Napleton Porsche in Chicago. It was listed on eBay for, I think, $20K over MSRP. The listing disappeared after a couple of days.
I saw this car. Was told it was immediately bought by a guy who had just purchased a GT3 earlier in the week.

The one in Jacksonville with 20 miles on it is for sale by the son of the former President & CEO of Brumos who passed away in 2007.

·
Registered
204 Posts
One of the dealers near me just had a buyer back out, it looks like the car has about a $8k market adjustment on it. At first I was taken aback, but judging by this thread, that may be low/reasonable...

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Actually, it might work the other way around. If people buy this car for a large markup, they will just increase the price of the product

Supply and demand ... = price
They still will loose profit. Since obviously the supply is inadequate. And increasing price on a few items can't beat selling more cars... On top of that, if they increase the price some actual buyers may drop the order, so they will actually sell even less...

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
They still will loose profit. Since obviously the supply is inadequate. And increasing price on a few items can't beat selling more cars... On top of that, if they increase the price some actual buyers may drop the order, so they will actually sell even less...
If the demand is true, and there are still 3,000 or so unhappy people, MSRP at $100K vs $85 and few would drop out, and those that do would be picked up by the next in queue. Once you get around $100K, if you really want the car, another $15K isn't going to stop you.

Once you get around $130, money is not an issue at all for another $15. (IMO, if you want it, you scrape it up).

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Meh... flippers annoy me. People like this don't deserve to have purchased the car in the first place.
Agreed.

It was purchased from the dealership where I ordered from. I wonder if they know and how they would feel about it. Maybe they don't care too much if this is one of their VIP clients. Got to keep them happy I guess.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The question is if someone paid the markups. I see red flags as I am sure that the 1000 miles on the car were brutal.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Who could have seen this coming?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
A Chicago dealer contacted me. Has a customer trying to sell a lightly optioned White GT4 for $25K over.
There is a heavily optioned dark gray GT4 on eBay now asking $30k over. Anybody want to try $40k over?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts