Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the confusion guys. Not the chat section of this site - there used to exist a Cayman GT4.com website, separate from Planet-9.

·
Registered
948 Posts
For it to be immediately redirected, I assumed they didn't renew their domain. Seams silly but Forums are little cost, but not no cost. If they were not able to generator revenue and had no money then - poof, gone.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
For it to be immediately redirected, I assumed they didn't renew their domain. Seams silly but Forums are little cost, but not no cost. If they were not able to generator revenue and had no money then - poof, gone.
No they just registered the name a few months ago, the problem was that their naming potentially violated Porsche trademarks so I'm quite certain the Porsche attorneys sent them a cease and desist letter. Rather than fight Porsche they probably just pulled the plug. As I recall I think they registered the domain name anonymously but that won't stop Porsche attorneys from finding out who they are as well as they likely sent a cease and desist letter to their Web host as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
948 Posts
No they just registered the name a few months ago, the problem was that their naming potentially violated Porsche trademarks so I'm quite certain the Porsche attorneys sent them a cease and desist letter. Rather than fight Porsche they probably just pulled the plug. As I recall I think they registered the domain name anonymously but that won't stop Porsche attorneys from finding out who they are as well as they likely sent a cease and desist letter to their Web host as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Well, I am glad this site is named "Planet-9". I'm pretty sure P attorneys can't claim they own the planets too! :)

I did read where Porsche told the Croc shoe company to quit calling one of their shoe styles a "Cayman". Now, that is "Stepping" over the line, don't you think?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm sure Porsche allocates a reasonable amount of resources in monitoring trademark related issues.

That said, do it carefully and one should be fine. For example, vendors like KI Studios and Lloyds have agreements with PAG in how they aftermarkets are designed. Perhaps the owner of the other forum never worked with PAG even though the domain name was such a sensitive one just to skip any loyalty fees?

Anyway, I don't know these for a fact, and am saying all that based on best guess only. Others feel free to chime in if that's incorrect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts