Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only difference in the aluminum impact bar is where the tow hook hole is located. You don't have to swap it, but then the hole in the bumper cover and the impact bar won't align by an inch or so.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Thanks. I know they are of a different shape but my specific question was if the GT4 one fits the S/GTS impact bar because I am not sure if the aluminum impact bars are different as well. Thanks.
The aluminium impact bars are different, for the GT4: Impact Bar - Porsche (981-505-121-80) comes with foam, for the GTS: Impact Bar - Porsche (981-505-121-02) comes with foam.

The GT4/Spyder bar sticks out further to allow the radiator venting to go behind it. HTH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Westcoaster & Futurz - thanks for both your inputs.

Due to my impatience, I have asked the Porsche workshop if they are willing to do this for me.

Westcoaster - the service advisor has raised concerns regarding modifications required to make this work. I've told him if they follow the factory SOP as for a GT4 layout, using Porsche OEM parts, this should be a "remove & replace" job.... How can I phrase it in such a way that they would understand? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. How long shoyld this process take?

Futurz - the helpful list from you, are the GT4 fender lines excluded from the list?
Hi Guys, has anyone got this parts number list for the GT4 front bumper swap? Many thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I performed the bumper swap on my car and was looking for good options to balance it with some rear wing. Couldn't find anything I liked on the market, so decided to build one myself. Please let me know what you think: New rear wing for Cayman and GT4
Hi
I performed the bumper swap on my car and was looking for good options to balance it with some rear wing. Couldn't find anything I liked on the market, so decided to build one myself. Please let me know what you think: New rear wing for Cayman and GT4

Hi have you got the parts number list for the GT4 front bumper swap? Many thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I decided to delete my AC so there are a couple of AC lines that are unique to the GT4 setup that are different. I have those lines available that I can sell for a lot less money than what the dealership will charge.
i also have the center GT4 radiator which is still in very good shape. I decided to replace all my radiators with high-efficiency types.
PM if interested.
Hi did you sell the GT4 radiator and A/C lines? Do you have the part numbers required for this complete swap on a Cayman GTS 2015. Cheers

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Hi have you got the parts number list for the GT4 front bumper swap? Many thanks.
Obviously your choice but at this stage of the game with the real possibility of buying a 2016 GT4 for decent money I would recommend that route over modifying your GTS. For the most part other than a larger radiator you will only be adding cosmetic parts, you won't have the engine, suspension or rear aero of the GT4 and IMHO reduce the value of your car...

This advice comes from someone who did the entire conversion, it all turned out well for me but it was expensive and time consuming to do it completely and do it right, the car was beautiful and all Porsche but is wasn't truly a Spyder, and your conversion won't be a GT4 either.

IMHO, if you really want a GT4, sell the GTS and buy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I am in 2 minds about the conversion. I have a friend that can get the parts at trade price for me so the whole thing will be around €4000 painted.
The GTS is my daily driver and its PDK with PASM, carbon trim and all the extras in Agate grey. I dont want a manual but I do understand your point of view. If I was to sell the GTS I would take the GT4 bits off and sell them separately.
Do you have the part numbers? Cheers

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I am in 2 minds about the conversion. I have a friend that can get the parts at trade price for me so the whole thing will be around €4000 painted.
The GTS is my daily driver and its PDK with PASM, carbon trim and all the extras in Agate grey. I dont want a manual but I do understand your point of view. If I was to sell the GTS I would take the GT4 bits off and sell them separately.
Do you have the part numbers? Cheers
Try this link and let me know, I tried to attach the file but the forum didn't like the file extension: Bumper

Let me know if you have questions, and note the Boxster GTS came with the correct signal lights, your Cayman GTS signal lights will not work in the GT4 bumper...

·
Registered
7 Posts
It opened in Excel fine, thank you.
Its a lot of parts and you say its not going to be a GT4
I thought my signal lights would work, what is different?
Cheers.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
It opened in Excel fine, thank you.
Its a lot of parts and you say its not going to be a GT4
I thought my signal lights would work, what is different?
Cheers.
Yes a lot of parts but your suspension and engine will still be GTS.

Sorry you have the GTS, it has the same lights, I was recalling the Cayman 'S' which are round...

·
Registered
115 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have my complete Spyder/GT4 front bumper available. I sold the car last month and returned it to stock.
It's the complete bumper with all the trim pieces, LED running lights, fender well liners and radiator shrouds.
Shoot me a PM if this is of interest. Should have a post up tomorrow with pics in the forum classifieds.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pics are up:

261 - 275 of 275 Posts