Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I threaded a long shoelace several times through the mesh along the lower edge, about three holes from the bottom. Then I pulled the lace to make loops that I could pull with several fingers simultaneously.
That's a great idea! I could have looked at that thing for an hour scratching my head and not thought of that!

That's a great idea! I could have looked at that thing for an hour scratching my head and not thought of that!
Thank you, it was a MacGyver moment.

I bought black metal gutter cover mesh at Menards for $3.07 per sheet and cut it to fit the side vents and the front radiator grills. (It took two sheets.) Instead of fitting it in front of the surrounding removable molding on the side vents, I first took them out, inserted the grill mesh, and replaced them. The removable side vent molding holds the mesh in place. One might have been able to insert the grill mesh behind the openings in the front bumper but, to avoid scratching the finish and insure better placement, I removed the bumper to attach the grill mesh with black zip ties. I think the uninitiated with believe it came from the factory that way. You can see the installed side grills in my image upload in my garage.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.