Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
I was wondering what your reason was for wanting alcantara deleted?
I know it is a little hotter and may not wear quite as well as the standard leather, but it does help with lateral support under cornering.
It is, indeed the wear factor. My 20 year old M3 (which is being replaced by the GT4) has nappa leather which still looks new. My wife's ZHP alcantara isn/t doing so well. Lightweight buckets will provide plenty of lateral support.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
It is, indeed the wear factor. My 20 year old M3 (which is being replaced by the GT4) has nappa leather which still looks new. My wife's ZHP alcantara isn/t doing so well. Lightweight buckets will provide plenty of lateral support.
If I had an e36 M3 in decent shape I'd be inclined to keep it. Then maybe add an e30 and and e46 to have the perfect M3 collection. Wait...I only have a two-car garage. Never mind lol.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Leather vent slats

·
Registered
583 Posts
CLOSE RATIO GEARBOX!!!

Folding mirrors with puddle lights would be nice. Bose speakers

I think the easier thing to do would just be to offer the GT4 bumpers with side scoop delete option and 3.8l engine as Cayman S options.

If I could get a GT4 with 19" wheels, a more aggressive retractable wing, fuzzy interior delete with the full compliment of interior colors normally offered I would be a happy man.

·
Registered
851 Posts
PDK was my big one.

I did wonder where seat cooling was, but with Alcantara seats I think I could manage without it.

Rear wiper does seem to be missing though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was wondering what your reason was for wanting alcantara deleted?
I know it is a little hotter and may not wear quite as well as the standard leather, but it does help with lateral support under cornering. I've driven identical cars back-to-back on the track and could feel the how the alcontara helps you stick to the seat. I think having alcontara and seat cooling would be a good combination on a track car.
Besides the reasons you have mentioned (leather wears infinately better); alcantara is a DIRT MAGNET.It sucks up any and all dirt grease and grime and it is impossible to keep clean.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
If I had an e36 M3 in decent shape I'd be inclined to keep it. Then maybe add an e30 and and e46 to have the perfect M3 collection.
It's in great shape, less than 4k miles a year. But it ain't no GT4. Will still have the wife's low miles ZHP E46 (which is eerily similar to the e36 M3) and a 2002 tii, so we'll still be able to scratch that bmw itch.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts