Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just occured to me...I've been nagging the same salesman for more than 8 years! :eek:
I got my first Cayman S in 2006. Since about 1 year later I've been nagging for a more powerfull Cayman, nagging for some sort of a GT version Cayman. :soapbox: Poor guy.
Even the service dept had not escaped my wrath.
Well now he finally got to call me on all that! :hilarious:

Carmine red, red stiching, carbon fibre, etc... :banana:

So now Im already thinking what mods I need to do. Negative camber. Loud exhaust. *smacks own head* :helpme:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
It tells me a lot that most of the Gen 1 987 guys who were not tempted by a string of upgrades over the years such as:

Cayman S Sport (2008)
Cayman R (2010)
Cayman GTS (2014)

Are all foaming at the mouth over the GT4 now.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
It tells me a lot that most of the Gen 1 987 guys who were not tempted by a string of upgrades over the years such as:

Cayman S Sport (2008)
Cayman R (2010)
Cayman GTS (2014)

Are all foaming at the mouth over the GT4 now.
Pete,
I concur, most of us hard-core Cayman guys from Gen 1 just weren't willing to part with anything unless the replacement truly met what we had been after all along, no sense in going down the road and coming up short again, that's why I think you see so many Cayman enthusiasts drooling over the GT4 because Porsche finally gave us most/all of what we wanted. In fact years ago I penned a topic about "what would you want in a GT3 like version of a Cayman" I need to go back and find that topic and see what I listed back then and see how much of it was answered by the GT4. Without looking, I suspect most of it was answered, but now I need to go find that old topic...

·
Banned
4 Posts
looks great in red.

from the article:
We already know how the sportscar is going to look like and all the technical specifications but it was not spotted in all its glory until janb_photography got lucky enough to spot this sportscar resting near the Porsche factory in Zuffenhausen. This Porsche Cayman GT4 is finished in a special Carmine Red color.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
We saw the yellow and we loved it then the sapphire blue. Now the red too. Would love to see it in GT Silver and Rhodium Silver.

I think the white would show the GT4 lines best like on the GTS.

My guess, like the GT3, the red suits this beast well. CONGRATS mate :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts