Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of debate about what options to add to an order, but I'm interested in hearing from GT4 owners now that you've had your car for awhile, what options(s) do you wish you would have ordered and didn't. Conversely if there is an option you ordered that now you wish you hadn't you can list that as well in the following format:

Options I wish I had ordered:
1) Turboencabulator 2

Options I wish I had NOT ordered:
1) Candy strip kit

etc. etc.

TIA!

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I'll bite, but I bought a car someone else ordered, and then cancelled, so I had NO OPTION. But it did come with some I wouldn't have bought, and there were some options I would like to have

Options I wish the other guy had ordered:
1) 991 engine. Oh, darn, that's not an option...
2) LWBs

Options I wish the other guy had NOT ordered:
1) XM radio (aaargh...the wart on the roof!)
2) the fire extinguisher. Really...?
3) the 18-way seats. They have about 16 ways too many, and weigh a tonne.
Actually, I think that's all the options he ordered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only option I would have added would have been the leather console around the steering wheel
I was going to get LWBS but they were not available at the time( prob a good thing considering my lower back issues) I ordered the car with a fair amount of options so I happy with my orig build 😉

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only option I would have added would have been the leather console around the steering wheel
I was going to get LWBS but they were not available at the time( prob a good thing considering my lower back issues) I ordered the car with a fair amount of options so I happy with my orig build ��
When you say leather console around the steering wheel, do you mean to order the steering column in leather? That's where they cover that plastic with leather and have stitching that runs up and down it. I admit it looks nice but isn't it rather pricey and isn't the default black textured plastic ok instead?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Correct on all counts
But with the deviated stitching it really adds a nice touch
I would never order this car without the leather option ( I went the less expensive route with the platinum stitching) but honestly I liked it better than the red which I found to muted (btw true admission I am color blind not like a dog but ... ) If I was getting a black car, I would pay out the ying yang and get the yellow stitching
See the standard option steering column below
(the one I got vs what I would have gotten )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Given I never ordered a GT4, what's the light design package (PLDP?)

Maybe unrelated, I had PDLS on my GTS and I don't have it on the GT4. I really liked when the headlights turned the corner with me...

·
Registered
63 Posts

Maybe unrelated, I had PDLS on my GTS and I don't have it on the GT4. I really liked when the headlights turned the corner with me...
Sadly it the interior lights that should come with a 100K car
[h=4]"Light design package[/h]The optional light design package comprises dimmable LEDs in the overhead console, at the door handles, in the door storage compartments and in the footwells. LED illumination of the front luggage compartment is also included with the light design package. The rear luggage compartment and C-pillars feature LEDs as standard. Also adds LED lights to vanity mirrors."

·
Registered
63 Posts

Sadly it the interior lights that should come with a 100K car
"Light design package

The optional light design package comprises dimmable LEDs in the overhead console, at the door handles, in the door storage compartments and in the footwells. LED illumination of the front luggage compartment is also included with the light design package. The rear luggage compartment and C-pillars feature LEDs as standard. Also adds LED lights to vanity mirrors."

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Leather covered steering column doesn't exactly scream race car but it looks so nice!

LND_2026 by Peter Moy, on Flickr
Hey Pete, does that car also have the Instrument Surround in Leather option as well? If so, what do you get if you don't select that, just black plastic and no stitching??

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Given how cheap (inexpensive) LED lights are these days (who doesn't have LED Christmas lights by now?) I can't believe that Porsche is charging for LEDs (and still using incandescent lights as standard) on any of their cars, let along $100k models. This annoys me... (but owning a Porsche is all about accepting the fact you either don't have that feature, or you paid 10x for it compared to anyone with a (fill in the blank with any other manufacturer)...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree that package ought to come with a 100K car but sadly is another nickel and dime option found on your garden variety Honda or Nissan. :) I could see why leaving it out would leave you in the dark though...
LOL nice pun :)
Hey Pete, does that car also have the Instrument Surround in Leather option as well? If so, what do you get if you don't select that, just black plastic and no stitching??
That comes with the leather option ( what you see in the picture ..)
What doesnt come is the actual gauge surround ( not worth it at all IMHO)

Given how cheap (inexpensive) LED lights are these days (who doesn't have LED Christmas lights by now?) I can't believe that Porsche is charging for LEDs (and still using incandescent lights as standard) on any of their cars, let along $100k models. This annoys me... (but owning a Porsche is all about accepting the fact you either don't have that feature, or you paid 10x for it compared to anyone with a (fill in the blank with any other manufacturer)...
So true Well stated

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
The overhead bin with the stitching comes with the upgraded leather package. The instrument surround is literally the flat area at the base of the instrument cluster. Think of all the triangular curves above and below the base of the dials. No stitching or anything to make it stand out, the area is too small.

I'll see if this car has that option and get a better photo this weekend.

EDIT: Just checked the build sheet and this car does have that option. Look at the 10 o'clock position on the photo where the red stitching ends. You'll see the fold of two leather pieces that is one corner of the instrument surround option.

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it, what I'm trying to determine is what other stitching options exist and it seems the add-ons that include stitching are the following:

1) Defroster area and speaker area in leather includes stitching
2) Door kick plate area in leather includes stitching
3) Steering column in leather includes stitching

Did I miss anything or is that it? (This is after selecting the full leather with stitching option of course)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’ve struggled with the configurator for weeks and changed my order at least 5x and the order finally froze with these options yesterday.
I’m happy with this spec and can’t wait till March.

1 981810 Cayman GT4
2 N1 Sapphire Blue Metallic
3 58 Leather Interior, Black (Stitching in Racing Yellow)
4 085 Extended Range Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal
5 346 Wheels Painted in Silver
6 450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
7 573 2-zone Automatic Climate Control
8 581 Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
9 583 Smoking Package
10 750 Deviated Stitching i.c.w. Leather Interior
11 802 Wing Supports in Black
12 887 12-o'clock Marking in Yellow
13 P11 Full Bucket Seats
14 P23 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Modu
15 XHM Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
16 XHN Seat Belts in Racing Yellow
17 XLJ Storage Compartment Lid in Alcantara® with Porsche Crest
18 XNS Steering Column Casing in Leather