Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Got it, what I'm trying to determine is what other stitching options exist and it seems the add-ons that include stitching are the following:

1) Defroster area and speaker area in leather includes stitching
2) Door kick plate area in leather includes stitching
3) Steering column in leather includes stitching

Did I miss anything or is that it? (This is after selecting the full leather with stitching option of course)
Stitching on the side of dash panel that is covered by the door normally. One of the extended leather options, I'll have to look at the build sheet on my home machine for the exact option.

EDIT: It might be this option that davett picked:

CZW Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather

LND_2028 by Peter Moy, on Flickr

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stitching on the side of dash panel that is covered by the door normally. One of the extended leather options, I'll have to look at the build sheet on my home machine for the exact option.

EDIT: It might be this option that davett picked:

CZW Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather

LND_2028 by Peter Moy, on Flickr
It also includes the stitching at the front defroster trim and center speaker. I've seen this in person on a GT3 and finally have a chance to get it.

Porsche-Cayman-GT4-2015-Genf-Autosalon-Live-19.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
It also includes the stitching at the front defroster trim and center speaker. I've seen this in person on a GT3 and finally have a chance to get it.

View attachment 66377
Ahh, gotcha. I wasn't sure if this end piece was a stand alone option. The owner of this car definitely had the extended dash leather up front. It was just very hard to get a photo of it in the bright sun.

·
Administrator
34,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got it, what I'm trying to determine is what other stitching options exist and it seems the add-ons that include stitching are the following:

1) Defroster area and speaker area in leather includes stitching
2) Door kick plate area in leather includes stitching
3) Steering column in leather includes stitching

Did I miss anything or is that it? (This is after selecting the full leather with stitching option of course)
So it sounds like the item 1 on my list includes the dashboard end caps in leather as well, which as Pete said you don't see with the door closed.

So did I miss anything or do those 3 options (will have to look up the option codes) cover any additional leather WITH stitching?

I don't know why they don't do the center console lid in leather with deviated stitching, they just do that alcantara with embossed logo which honestly I would think would have a hard time holding up unless you never rested your arm there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it sounds like the item 1 on my list includes the dashboard end caps in leather as well, which as Pete said you don't see with the door closed.

So did I miss anything or do those 3 options (will have to look up the option codes) cover any additional leather WITH stitching?

I don't know why they don't do the center console lid in leather with deviated stitching, they just do that alcantara with embossed logo which honestly I would think would have a hard time holding up unless you never rested your arm there.

If you pick the 19 way seats you can also cover the seat shells in leather with deviated stitching.
As an aftermarket upgrade, Suncoast does have a center arm rest in Alcantara with red stitching....if you have red stitching of course.
These guys (www.exclusiveoptions) can pretty much cover anything in leather and add stitching at the same level/quality as the factory. They do have for the GT4 the dash end plates, defroster and center dash speaker in leather with contrasting stitching identical to the factory option. You can even buy the sections you want instead of the whole package.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts

Are the leather vent slats stitched, or is that extra?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve struggled with the configurator for weeks and changed my order at least 5x and the order finally froze with these options yesterday.
I’m happy with this spec and can’t wait till March.

1 981810 Cayman GT4
2 N1 Sapphire Blue Metallic
3 58 Leather Interior, Black (Stitching in Racing Yellow)
4 085 Extended Range Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal
5 346 Wheels Painted in Silver
6 450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
7 573 2-zone Automatic Climate Control
8 581 Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
9 583 Smoking Package
10 750 Deviated Stitching i.c.w. Leather Interior
11 802 Wing Supports in Black
12 887 12-o'clock Marking in Yellow
13 P11 Full Bucket Seats
14 P23 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Modu
15 XHM Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
16 XHN Seat Belts in Racing Yellow
17 XLJ Storage Compartment Lid in Alcantara® with Porsche Crest
18 XNS Steering Column Casing in Leather
19 XTG Inner Door-Sill Guards in Leather
20 EGA Carbon Fiber Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior
21 CZW Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather

That's going to be an amazing-looking car. Your build is very close to one I have been considering and you went for the PCCBs, which I like, but an not certain about. I love the SBM with the yellow bits (stitching, belts, 12 o'clock, etc.). Every time I see a SBM GT4 it looks amazing. (Fact is, this car looks amazing in all the colors.) Please post lots of photos upon arrival. Enjoy!

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's going to be an amazing-looking car. Your build is very close to one I have been considering and you went for the PCCBs, which I like, but an not certain about. I love the SBM with the yellow bits (stitching, belts, 12 o'clock, etc.). Every time I see a SBM GT4 it looks amazing. (Fact is, this car looks amazing in all the colors.) Please post lots of photos upon arrival. Enjoy!
It's sitting at the port now, I can't believe it's going to take another 3 weeks to go the last 80 miles to get to the dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered my GT4 with Guards Red paint, LWB'S, and red seatbelts. Was going to order red deviated stitching but did not. Now that the car has arrived and I have had time to reflect I can honestly say I would not change the spec at all. The standard silver stitching works fine with the red belts, and personally having seen GT4's with deviated stitching, I felt they looked to me 'to loud'. You really can't go wrong with this car, it looks great in all configurations. Now if the European Track package was available......

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,657 Posts
Black uprights for the rear wing/spoiler. The default silver color doesn't match any other trim on the car, except perhaps the optional silver wheels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sadly it the interior lights that should come with a 100K car
[h=4]"Light design package[/h]The optional light design package comprises dimmable LEDs in the overhead console, at the door handles, in the door storage compartments and in the footwells. LED illumination of the front luggage compartment is also included with the light design package. The rear luggage compartment and C-pillars feature LEDs as standard. Also adds LED lights to vanity mirrors."
Received an allocation today and sent over build sheet to dealer, however I didn't include this option. Should I? If yes, I believe I can still add it. I take it car still has interior lights without this option, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Received an allocation today and sent over build sheet to dealer, however I didn't include this option. Should I? If yes, I believe I can still add it. I take it car still has interior lights without this option, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without a doubt
Just for the fact that when you open the door at night seeing how it directs the light to the interior makes it worth it !!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
C pillars? Really?! My Boxster doesn't even have B pillars!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Black uprights for the rear wing/spoiler. The default silver color doesn't match any other trim on the car, except perhaps the optional silver wheels.

Want to trade? I have Rhodium Silver w Silver wheels coming in a few mos. and the only uprights available are black, so I would certainly consider trading for your silver ones.

I am in NYC area. You?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Though I built mine with a track focus, I regret not including auto-dimming mirrors (along w auto wipers), even though such "options"/features are standard on cars costing less than one third of a GT4. It annoys me when I see brights headlights in my mirrors, something I haven't dealt with in over 20 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts