Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Resurrecting old thread...I had posted sometime in the past how someone "stole" the NC "GT4" tag out from under me in 2016. I found him today! But, he drives a base 987! Not right!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle White

$250.00 here in Ontario for a personalized plate. I'd rather give the money to charity than waste it on a plate. I've seen cars vandalized for having a personalized plate.

Resurrecting old thread...I had posted sometime in the past how someone "stole" the NC "GT4" tag out from under me in 2016. I found him today! But, he drives a base 987! Not right!
View attachment 201261
Wow, some nerve by that guy. You would think he wouldn’t want it as some Porsche person would recognize the forgery and call him out on it. Conversely a non-Porsche person won’t be impressed by it. Maybe he had one in the past and transferred the plate in hopes of getting another one in the future. Lol

Reactions: K-Man S
Here in Ontario if you sell a vehicle you transfer your plate to your new ride. I suspect this man or woman once owned a GT4 and transferred the plate tp this Cayman. I have several sets of plates that I no longer use as they are custom plates that wouldn't go with any of the cars I currently have. Anyway I wouldn't put a GT4 plate on a non GT4 car. Maybe that is their dream car.

The GT4 plate on the base Cayman could be a 'plan-for-future' situation. I have the NJ plate MP4-I2C on my 2012 McLaren. I ordered it on a 2008 Lotus at the same time I ordered the 12C, nine months before they were even available in the US (spring 2011). I'm sure it got some odd looks from true gear heads on my tiny Elise, but the letter/number pattern is very similar to standard plates in NJ anyway so probably most ordinary folks never even noticed. Btw, my GT4 is P981GT4.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.