Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

121 - 136 of 136 Posts
A lot has already been reported about the GT4, but Auto Express breaks new ground by being the first to test a GT4 on 265/35R20 front tires.

Porsche Cayman GT4 2015 review | Auto Express
Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Rim Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Wheel Auto part

I emailed Auto Express and have yet to hear back. Mainly, I'm curious if anyone there noticed this discrepancy, if they experienced PSM/ABS issues, tire rub, etc. or if they actually drove the car in the pics? If anyone else wants to rattle their cage, I suppose that might help produce a response.

Interestingly, the same GT4 (plate RX65 PGE) was tested by Evo and won the evo Car of the Year. My immediate thought was what if the Evo car was on 265 section fronts? But as far as I can tell, it wasn't. The Evo GT4's tires look less blimpy in my opinion. Same for the Telegraph review. So somewhere down the line, the proper 245's were apparently mounted.

In this month's EVO (UK) digital copy I downloaded over the week-end, there is a great article of a GT4 review vs a Lotus Exige for purity, a Lambo Hurracan for exotica, a Ferrari 458 for speed, BMW M4 for practicality and a 996 GT3...well just because! I could not find the article on the web yet but I am sure it is in the print magazine. I do not want to spoil the read but let's just say the guys at EVO realllly love the GT4 after naming it performance car of the year!

Yeah I checked into getting a subscription after seeing a 5 issues for 5 British pounds offer on their site but when I clicked on it the price for people in the US was radically higher and you had to buy a year minimum. Even the electronic version was higher which didn't make sense to me. I'll just see if another Barnes and Noble has a single copy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

121 - 136 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.